Bitstream,Uc33,Bcr+Bcf - can't get my head round!!

- ask away
mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Bitstream,Uc33,Bcr+Bcf - can't get my head round!!

Post by mo's taverne »

In search for a controller i've got three nice offerings. My goal is to mix down my tracks by hand, so faders are a must. Also i do gigs (has to be portable) with hardware and so there are some decent knobs/encoders needed. Money is there for all of the three options - but i'm looking for the best price/performance relation. I know all of this gear by spec's - i'm only interested in what would you buy.....

so,

Bitstream 3x-----------280€/380$ new (awesome lperformance functions)
UC33-------------------130€/175$ new (quite portable)
BCF + BCR-------------193€/260$ b-stock (yeah, encoders are cool)

if it wouldn't be so hard for me to decide, i haven't posted this, so don't flame me for another "gear x vs. gear y" thread :wink:
...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/
Monotek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Monotek »

bcf+bcr :)
uebl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by uebl »

what about a nice novation remote zero sl :D
mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mo's taverne »

uebl wrote:what about a nice novation remote zero sl :D
No, thanks. I don't like the layout and the build quality seems to be a bit too "plastic". I've been to our local music store today and they had a bitstream for touching and testing. That's the way to go. Build to last and awesome midi features. I ordered mine :D - searching is over. btw just seen it has Mackie Control support - yess!
...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/
CaseyDC
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by CaseyDC »

I like the uc33 a lot. As well as the bcr2000. Tough choice there. I purchased both :D
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

i use bcr2000+uc33e. Its a Great combination.

I painted the knobs florecent on the uc33 so i could see them in the dark. I really think the uc33 is a bit more versitle. because of the faders. I almost wish I had two of them.

The bcr2000 lights up and looks pretty dope. The mute switches are fantastic, and you can plug 2 switch pedals into it for toggling sh!t hands free.

the bcr i would say is a more solid peice of gear. Its really sturdy and it doesn't seem like the knobs will fly off like the uce33. unfortunatly All the midi controllers i've used to date seem like toys and not like alan and heath mixers. :(
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

I use a bcr to control the lights at work and have a bitstream for my studio. The build quality on the bcr is really not something I would rely on. We are on our second because hte first decided to keep canceling its usb connection. I dont use my bistream a lot, but am impressed at what it is and what it can do. As far as performing goes, it can be configured with bomes midi translator to navigate ableton clips with the joystick. The midi lfo simply invites some fun to play with. The lcd screen can be programmed to identify what is being controlled by name. No endless rotaries and it one might need more buttons, but it is a fine piece and has excellent factory support.

Another realistic factor is that a ton of people tour with a uc33 or bcr/f should gear be lost in transit or whatever else making the use of someone other dudes controller a possibility.
freeeeeee
ferd
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferd »

i've never seen that bitstream before and tbh it looks very good

It looks high quality and it's got all the features the other have + more
Since you've got the money, i'd go for the Bitstream