help speakers!

- ask away
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

help speakers!

Post by juanm2t »

hi everyone...i have some bose 5.1 speakers and they sound so fucking amazing i tested them with clasical music, techno, rap, idm...i think is the best sound quality i have heard...so i was wondering if i can used them to produce i have never produce with nice producition speakers so my question is that if i should buy speaker or just use what i just got because i do not know if is to much difference between reproducing music speakers and producing speakers.
thanks!
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by codecks »

for some serious production I think you should consider to get some studio monitors as they don't color the sounds of your tracks. It won't sound so amazing as your current set of monitors, but you'll hear more detail in your productions. I also think most studio monitors offers some protection in case you send some fucked up signal to them. Where a standard speaker might blow up, a monitor will not.
sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

Yeah, you don't want studio speakers that sound amazing, you want monitors that sound accurate. If the speakers are designed to make music sound better, then they will end up coloring over your mistakes. Your final mix will not sound great on *every* system.

If you don't have a lot of money: Fostex PM2.

If you have some cash to spare: Dynaudio.
..::ArenaRockForAndroids::..

http://soundcloud.com/danieklerr
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

thanks for replies, when i said that they sound amazing...what i wanted to say was they sound very accurate and they give very detailed sounds...but now i'm getting it...you answered my question i was looking for the difference so now i know that monitors give you accuracy and also they won't blow...this was happening to me all the time...in headphones i heard some sounds and in the old speakers some other...that thing was making me crazy but now is solved thanks a lot guys!...last question: which sound should i trust more, headphone's or speaker's??
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by codecks »

juanm2t wrote:which sound should i trust more, headphone's or speaker's??
Go for the monitors, though I have to admit that very often I compare the two. My headphones (sony mdr-7506) don't have a very flat response, as compared to my monitors (mackie hr824), but often I can hear detail I didn't notice on my monitors (in the very high and very low frequencies). When it sounds good on both monitors and headphones I know it's ok.
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

codecks wrote:
juanm2t wrote:which sound should i trust more, headphone's or speaker's??
Go for the monitors, though I have to admit that very often I compare the two. My headphones (sony mdr-7506) don't have a very flat response, as compared to my monitors (mackie hr824), but often I can hear detail I didn't notice on my monitors (in the very high and very low frequencies). When it sounds good on both monitors and headphones I know it's ok.
i will go for the monitors...and i hope they can solve my problems...my difference between speakers and headphones is huge...sometimes it just look that i'm listenin to 2 different songs and there when my headacke begins...thanks a lot!
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

Damn man no offense but if you think Bose speakers sound "good," I question your concept of good audio overall.

FYI... Bose are commonly referred to as the crappiest of crap in the hi-fi world. The company is a pure marketing machine and they get people to buy an "image," not actual quality. This isn't my opinion but that of pretty much everyone in the hi-fi industry who sells a product worth a damn.

Stay away from Bose if you want to make mixes that translate well. Buy Genelec if you want to play with the big boys.
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

JackNine wrote:Damn man no offense but if you think Bose speakers sound "good," I question your concept of good audio overall.

FYI... Bose are commonly referred to as the crappiest of crap in the hi-fi world. The company is a pure marketing machine and they get people to buy an "image," not actual quality. This isn't my opinion but that of pretty much everyone in the hi-fi industry who sells a product worth a damn.

Stay away from Bose if you want to make mixes that translate well. Buy Genelec if you want to play with the big boys.
is ok you tell this, i didn't know it was a f*cking image marketing....maybe is just that i haven't use real nice monitors yet so that's why i'm asking this whole dumb questions, but anyway i appreciate your participation here.
cheers!