Greetings from Portland, Oregon, Left Coast, USA

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
suppoz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Greetings from Portland, Oregon, Left Coast, USA

Post by suppoz »

Greetings all,

I stumbled upon this board a few weeks back when I was looking for Jeff Samuel info (nice interview, btw!), and have been lurking ever since. It's great to see a community come together from around the world for a music that I'm so excited about. I've enjoyed what I've read here (and heard here...thx for the set links!) and I look forward to seeing more.

Portland is a tough town for techno of any sort, but I'm happy to have found a niche where I can pass the minimal stuff off as music for "sophisticates" in a lounge setting. Little do they know that if I were to only turn up the volume some, we'd have a full blown dance party. :D heh!

I've been doing a night here in Portland for over 1 1/2 years now called Techno Sol. You can read about it here if you want. I post all my playlists there too, and I'll try to post them up here if people are interested.

My website is pretty basic right now (or less than basic), but I hope to have more time to keep it updated soon.

Some big records for me right now:

Mathew Jonson - Followed By Angels [Itiswhatitis]
Dirk Leyers - Wellen [Kompakt]
Jesse Somfay - Asinea Nectar [Traum]
André Kraml - Safari (Pier Bucci's Amazon Remix) [Crosstown Rebels]
Steve Barnes & Riley Reinhold - Memories [MBF Ltd.]
An-2 -Road Through Rain [Wasnotwas]
Heib - The Undertaker [Kompakt]
Hell feat. Billie Ray Martin - Je Regrette Everything (Superpitcher Remix) [Gigolo]
Martin Landsky - FM Safari [Poker Flat]
Alexi Delano - I'm Gonna Get You (Artifex Remix) [Sindicato]
M83 - Don't Save Us From The Flames (Superpitcher Remix) [Gooom]
M.A.N.D.Y. - Say A Little Prayer For Me [Get Physical]

oh, and if anyone is heading to the West Coast USA anytime, drop me a note if you want help booking a gig in Portland or Seattle. I'm more than happy to do what I can for the cause!

ta,
--s-tephen

ps. what's up, jamespatrick! I met you in November at yr store and then at the Dinkytowner. nice to see someone I (vaguely) know on here.
.-.-.-.-.:-:___suppoz.com___:-:.-.-.-.-.
-->Techno Sol @ Saucebox, Portland, OR, USA, every Thursday night
-->minimal from the Left Coast, USA.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Very nice introduction Stephen!

Welcome and hope to see you around often!
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Great to see stuff's going on in Portland! When I lived in PDX in 2000, all I could find was trance. The people were all really cool, but I just wasn't in to it.
suppoz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by suppoz »

Thanks -ix!

Yeah, Brian, Portland is a wierd town. People just do their own things and some tremedously creative stuff comes out of here, but it doesn't always get the respect that it deserves in town.

We get a healthy amount of good stuff travelling through, though, and I'm always pleased to help promote it in any way I can. Tonight I'm looking very much forward to Damian Lazarus DJing and Smash TV doing the live PA thing.

Sometimes we're like Seattle's more creative, less attractive sibling. They get all the props while three hours away we make all the good stuff. ;) Or something like that. :D

Anyhow, yes, glad to be here!

ta,
--s-tephen
.-.-.-.-.:-:___suppoz.com___:-:.-.-.-.-.
-->Techno Sol @ Saucebox, Portland, OR, USA, every Thursday night
-->minimal from the Left Coast, USA.