Need help deciding.

- ask away
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Need help deciding.

Post by New Guy »

so im having this hard time deciding between these two things.

i saved up some money for new speakers, ive auditioned them already and all but still cant decide... :?

so the first is: Adam A7 speakers with an Adam Sub8

second: Adam P11A

im in a 16 square meter room, i boroughed a sub to test how a sub will sound in my room and it i think i can handle that.

the main factor is the price, theres a difference of 200 euros between these two options (the P11A is the expensive one)

so what do you guys suggest?

should i get the ok A7's with a Sub that makes it great ?

or should i get the P11A wich is great but, perhaps the low's arent like those of sub.
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

the bottom end of the 11A is more or less 50, if I correctly recall.
When deciding for new monitors early this year I listen to a lot of speakers, and I listened to adam P11, 22 and 33A.
While the bottom end is not that deep in the 11, they do sounds good, really.
I ended up buying the 33A and a friend of mine bought the 11, when I check my mixes done on the 33 on his 11 I'm always pleased, even if the bass is not as deep as on mine (getting down to 34 Hz!!) is generally "round" and pleasant.
I didn't get the chance to listen to the A7, but I'd tell you to go for the 11, and if one day you'll be able to do so then upgrade to the 33A (your actual room is a bot too little for such speakers).
Anyway congrats for having chosed ADAM, it's really good sound for the bucks, and they are not that cheap.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

oh man, i listened to the 33a's too and they were really really good!
very accurate!

The P11 goes down to 48 hz and does indeed have a nice lows the A7 goes down to 46 hz ( but to be honest i dont think that it really goes down till there)

P11 has a 7 inch woofer and the A7 a 6.5 inch so i dont think that the A7 is really 46 hz...

i listened to dynaudio bm5a's genelec 8030, some other genelec which was really out of my league(but really great sound) but to be honest, out of the ones that i can afford right now i liked A7 and P11.

i think im gonna go down the shop and listen to them again :D
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

I saved money long long time to affor the 33.. they are waaay out of my budget but now I finally hear what happen in my low end.... errrr in the low end my mixes.
Go for the 11, the P serie is better than the A, that's why is a bit more costy.
Once you get adam you'll never wanna go back.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

thats the thing, i think when buying monitor speakers the more you pay the better quality you will get.
thanks for your input sorgenkind!
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

New Guy wrote:thats the thing, i think when buying monitor speakers the more you pay the better quality you will get.
thanks for your input sorgenkind!

you *always* get what you pay for
Techelon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Techelon »

ok, but what is really the diffirence in them adam's A7 that you can buy for999 dollar for a pair and for example p22A that you can buy for 2499 dollar for a pair. and than you have them dynaudio bm5 series b4 series that you can buy for a 1300 euro/ dollar for a pair. brand x, brand y??? it is difficult. I went to a shop, and ask for listening but i can't believe you can check them monitors out for a hour ore 2. In 1 min you can't hear if they sound really good or not? What you have to calculate in for example, my room is also about 4m to 3.5m
They say you get what you pay for, but you can go far in it. i saw woofers and speakers each 2500 dollar, that is way over the budget. But do that means that when you don't have a lot of money youre mixes will suck??
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

that is true :D
Was a bit incorrect before :oops: :D