[Archipel] 004 | V/A - Assignement 1

- free art
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

it's funny, there's enough participating producers on this board to make a very long thread with just you guys congratulating eachother :lol:

so I'd thought I'd jump in to give an external opinion: it's a pretty tight comp! good job guys!

and the concept is pretty cool too......... just a questiion: did you actually only use 3 sounds to create all the other ones? or did you add drums or things like that? I wanna hear more details about how each of you produced their own track.......
le_cantin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by le_cantin »

the deal was to ONLY use 3 samples that Pheek gave us at random, plus 1 that we choose from the samplepack #1. So we cannot use external samples. All the process starts with these three samples, for "assignement 1".

For me it was a verry cool experience.

cheers
LE_Cantin
[_..::'' www.lecantin.com ''::.._]
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

I gotta say that my fav is plaster's. Sorry but i didn't like very much the others...
But that doesn't mean at all it's not a good job you all made.

Two thumbs up for the project's concept :wink:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

:oops:

well,like pat said...the deal was to use 3 samples and one by our wish.
i kinda missed out the whole thing with the track,cos i did one minimal house thing which pheek rejected instantly. :D
then i was like..sh!t,wtf now..got home one day stoned like hell and sat infront of the pc with 4 samples.
hmmm...started to fiddle with them,reverbing them to the max, adding filters and osc's and voila...pretty psyched out track.
fun thing is that i got the bassline out of one sample which was filtered out at LPF -24dB.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

isabella wrote:I gotta say that my fav is plaster's. Sorry but i didn't like very much the others...
Well, i can understand it will take a few listen before getting into some of the tracks (mine included), the goal of this compilation was a challenge for the artists. I think you have to listen to it in the optic of the work done with only few elements. Seen that way, I think, makes the whole release much more interesting. 8)

As to answer Cyhl, for me it took me time to do it. I think it really came all together toward the deadline approaching as I was reprocessing and using FX (43 used on this release) on the samples... :?
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

plaster wrote:stoned like hell
:lol: here is the secret!!!!!!!!!!
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

and remember kidz...don't try this at home.

cut to the commercial...pa ra pa pa ra!

thanks for the support sylv. :wink:
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

pheek wrote:
Well, i can understand it will take a few listen before getting into some of the tracks (mine included), the goal of this compilation was a challenge for the artists. I think you have to listen to it in the optic of the work done with only few elements. Seen that way, I think, makes the whole release much more interesting. 8)
Yeah p... exactly! Of course it's an interesting release. That's what I meant when I said that the project's concept is really atractive. I could really see the work behind. Maybe my ears just needed to get used to it :wink: