Greetings from the Caribbean!

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Greetings from the Caribbean!

Post by punchi »

Hi...my name's Julio and i'm from the Dominican Republic. I'm 18 and my interest in spinning records started about 7 months ago. My favorite current producers are Slg, mikael stavostrand, seph, etc...

Some of my favorite DJ's are Marco Carola, Luciano, Loco Dice(great live) and Akufen.

Besides minimal I love classic techno, detroit techno and old Richie Hawtin(before 2000)
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Welcome man! Hows the scene on the island?
minidine
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minidine »

hm i'm a little bit envy :wink:
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

Well, the scene's kinda slow right now. Techno, house and tribal used to be the popular genres, but in the last years there's been a huge influx of different DJ's and producers coming here to play. A lot of DJ's have come here for the first time in the last year like: Loco Dice, Troy Pierce, Luciano, Tania Vulcano, Alex Under, Tadeo, Magda, Steve Bug, Tiefschwarz and a lot more. Alexi Delano was playing here too but it got postponed.

The good thing about all of these parties though it's that it's a specific crowd that goes to these shows, i'd be surprised if more than 600-700 people have gone to each one of those gigs. Although, the scene's kinda slow lately because of a new law the government imposed which makes every club or event close down at 2:00 AM on the weekends and 12:00 on week days. Anyways, promoters and organizers are evading the law here, a lot of these gigs have been made in underground spots where the music keeps on going until the morning or whenever the DJ feels like stopping. So yeah, some kind of rave culture is developing here...
emoke
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by emoke »

Woohooo, sounds exotic! ;)

Welcome! :D
I own all of your candies!
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

I wanna see pics of the domican party scene do you have some pics of past parties you mentioned.. The atmosphere must be amazing
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

Celltek wrote:I wanna see pics of the domican party scene do you have some pics of past parties you mentioned.. The atmosphere must be amazing
The atmosphere in parties here is pretty crazy and diverse...some pics from Steve Bug + Magda:

Taken from 809k.com, our local scene website...http://www.809k.com/

Steve Bug is a fuckin lunatic btw...everytime he leaned over to see his laptop he opened his eyes like a bat, among other crazy ass gestures and faces.
minidine
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minidine »

looks so nice and easy going with the people and the pool....