Peperoni - Pep-Style

- music
japatap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Peperoni - Pep-Style

Post by japatap »

Last edited by japatap on Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Size
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Size »

Thumbs up for this one! Great job, it sounds catchy, groovy and very funky. It will certainly rock a dancefloor, although it sounds a bit nervous because the amount of sounds you use.
japatap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by japatap »

tnx size :)

you are right about the amount of sounds that brings a bit nervous thing in it.

Its like you have used some pep and realy get a nervous feeling in your body and makes you wanna go totaly crazy :D

I think i will make a second version whith less crazy sound etc...
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

I hate myspace but I just have to listen to every track by Peperoni ;)

This track has a very strong personality and i guess a dancefloor could recognize it on the first measure.
To me, it has an old-fashioned electro feeling. It's a collage of striking samples and it sounds surprisingly refreshing. Even the phone ring sounds refreshing :lol: Each sound is individually very good and the collage doesn't sound incoherent or random (which is the risk inherent to this style).
Some sounds are a bit too demonstrative (the claps annoy me, but oldskool is oldskool), some patterns here or there could be tweaked over time (congas are too "programmed"). Also, the reverberated sound on the third time of the measure is too systematic.
It's a shame there's not a real big break. There's one at ~4' but not the one i would have liked to hear ^^ A break with almost nothing but some sample tweaking (phone ring? scratch? the awesome weeeoOOWW sound? you decide, i repeat, each sound is good). And the last sound of the track ("bloop") could gradually fade in bloop bloop bloop bloop and then the track would start again muwahahaha.

Anyway, it's a strong track you've got here. I second Size's opinion "It will certainly rock a dancefloor".
:.: : :: : :.: .:. :.
sanmal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sanmal »

Very nice groove. This is the way i love it. Great stuff mate.

Some of the bongos i would mix down a bit. They are pretty much on the top of everything and a bit too loud. Maybe a little reverb wouldn't hurt? I would maybe take notice on some other rhythm instruments aswell.

Overall great stuff. A bit of tidying up on the mix and it's perfect.
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
- Marcus Brigstocke
japatap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by japatap »

tnx for the feedback

@ flow: Damn nice feedback.. and its all totaly true man!
i think i finished it to quick. What was i thinking...... HELL YEAH it needs a big break :) just to make the crowd go crazy.

working on the things to realy finsih it!
async
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by async »

I love the sounds! I would have to agree that there are too many in the sense that they don't intuitively have anything to do with one another. Your mastery of the audio workstation you use is apparent, perhaps instead of throwing sounds at the production, you should focus on small variations of a small, select group of sounds so that your tune has more coherence. Again, your talent is brilliant, keep it simple.
_Mark
mando
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mando »

nice, groovy, funky, minimalistic, chic, subtle :)

perhaps the bongos a little bit more to the background.
a little bit reverb overal, so it sounds not too dry.

very very good work!