Akufen, Anna Kaufen, Marc Leclair etc etc

'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

i heard that he's into a ambient kinda stuff project called 8mm or something like that.
bellott
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bellott »

I could't label his sound because i think his music is unique, is amazing.
I like Marc, Akufen, Horror Inc, Anna Kaufen in all his forms
alienata
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by alienata »

The proyect with ambient and abstract sound is called 5 mm.
5 mm are Marc Leclair (music) + Gabriel Coutu Dumont (visuals)

The fruit of the collaborative efforts between the musician Marc Leclair (aka Akufen) and the multidisciplinary artist Gabriel Coutu-Dumont, 5mm is an allegorical exploration of the development and formation of human life -the title, 5mm, refers to the size of an embryo in its earliest recognizable human form. Central to the work is the notion of a dynamic and progressive process of growth and development that evolves from single cell structures to the increasingly elaborate networks formed by social beings. Instead of using representational or analogous modes, the work visually and aurally takes shape like a structure in becoming - both the music and images accelerate and grow more intricate as the work unfolds. The use of real-time sound-to-image mapping is skillfully used to orchestrate the images in their direct relation to the musical inputs. While the tempo, pitch, or other musical variables, change, the images appear to literally breath as they flicker, pulsate and multiply on the screen. Their audiovisual work is based on a specific improvisational process that distinguishes it from live practices such as VJing. Rather than employing this mapping technology in a reactive manner, the duo has tapped into its aesthetic capacities to synthesize sound and image into a singular work. In 5mm the images take form as a "body" that, though moving to the music, deploys a repertoire that is entirely its own. Eschewing any figurative or analogous representational approach, the imagery interweaves organic textures and abstract geometric forms to make complex growth processes, which are otherwise invisible, visibly manifest. For instance, with time the images shift from the microscopic cellular level, referencing gestation, to the macro level of abstract diagrams indicating social interaction. In its combined effect the work itself is perceived as a process of growth: a truly audiovisual work that in its aural and visual correlation incarnates the very form of its subject matter. Curated by Gennaro De Pasquale and released by Agence Topo as part of their Post-Audio_DVD project.

interesting...

;)
alienata
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by alienata »

The proyect with ambient and abstract sound is called 5mm.
5 mm are Marc Leclair (music) + Gabriel Coutu Dumont (visuals)

And also... i was listening some months ago some jazz stuffs under the aka Mr. Music...

now... ????
jonasfromfr
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jonasfromfr »

very very nice :)
love these deep broken sounds! :)
Layborn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Layborn »

He's got a Punk ethic and for that I am grateful.
-Layborn-
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I don't know if i would call it "punk ethic". Could you explain a bit better please.
Layborn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Layborn »

For me.

he expresses individualism and free thought in his sound. In that way it reminds me of a 'punk ethic"approach. The sampling and flow..just is raw and subtly smooth in a lot of ways. A turbine of talent.

Nothing negative about it. :)
-Layborn-