protecting your hearing!

- open
stringfello
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

protecting your hearing!

Post by stringfello »

I was speaking to a friend the other day about our ears and doing the work that we do. DJ'ing and producing. You know being in loud environments a lot of the time. I know there are some people on this board that are very club experienced and some of us that are getting going. Any suggestions on how to keep our hearing from being damaged to much. I know that I have read about Ginko Biloba and I myself take it.
Reborn in Detroit
Silky
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Silky »

Earplugs maybe?
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

Get yourself a pair of NRR 12db plugs from Earlove.

http://www.earlove.net

Remember that 6db is generally viewed as being twice as loud, so a 12db cut is more than enough to keep you safe while allowing you to hear/feel everything clearly. Great for louder clubs/raves/festivals.

I love mine.
stringfello
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stringfello »

something other than earplugs. I thought that was a given. Maybe something like natural medicine, food you eat. Earplugs should be standard. I wear them pretty much every where my ears could be ruined.
Reborn in Detroit
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

JackNine wrote:http://www.earlove.net
What a terrible name for a website.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

Never heard of any medicine that could help preserve your hearing. What does the Ginko Biloba do?
Silky
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Silky »

stringfello wrote:something other than earplugs. I thought that was a given. Maybe something like natural medicine, food you eat. Earplugs should be standard. I wear them pretty much every where my ears could be ruined.
I think earplugs is enough to be honest, cant see food or medicine doing much. Aslong have you've got a decent pair of earplugs blocking out all the unwanted frequencies your hearing will be fine