SUBT017 Keinzweiter 'My Girlfriend Beats Me Up'

- wax
subtropical
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

SUBT017 Keinzweiter 'My Girlfriend Beats Me Up'

Post by subtropical »

For those of you that don't know Keinzweiter, fasten your seat belt and for those of you that do, prepare yourself for a gourmet serving of his slickly cool, refined sonic craftsmanship. Subtropical Records is proud to present the new Keinzweiter EP titled, 'My Girlfriend Beats Me Up' which reflects upon the all too common occurrence of when a woman raises her brow at an unexpected moment, and karate chops you in the throat. With the stealth of a lioness during a sunset prowl, this EP creeps fluidly along in a discrete fashion, tossing out precise drum patterns and grimly crisp, organic micro samples into a dangerous, nano-attack on your senses. You won't see it coming, but be warned about the razor sharp and hairsplitting accuracy with which Keinzweiter shifts between new-school deep house, intelligent techno and advanced glitch-funk. The tracks themselves will fit well into the realm of the night club, as they are engineered to massage a big system, but will also purr in the tight little intimate spaces we all love. Overall Keinzweiter achieves a prime balance between the cold mechanical mental world, the oozing-organic underworld, and the clean sub-melodic space of true musicality. Use this Ep in times of crisis and in times of endless girlfriend negotiations, for it provides all the essential elements of a funk-induced good time and a reminder of the hidden powers within. Alas, Keinzweiter does his thing Subtropical style...and the result is nothing short of a high-fidelity smackdown...

Available now at www.beatport.com/subtropical+records

Soon at iTunes and the rest...
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

Thanks for the info! Now will this release be on vinyl also? If not, then this thread should be moved to the net releases page. I hope that there will be a vinyl release though! Keinzweiter is one of the best producers out there that needs to release more vinyl!
subtropical
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by subtropical »

djxlr8r wrote:Thanks for the info! Now will this release be on vinyl also? If not, then this thread should be moved to the net releases page. I hope that there will be a vinyl release though! Keinzweiter is one of the best producers out there that needs to release more vinyl!
Won't be out on Vinyl but this label is not a 'netlabel'...

Cheers !
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Excellent!

I always welcome anything new from Tobi. This is a solid EP (as is par for Keinzweiter). 3 Digits is one of my favorites from his previously unreleased gems (it used to be called Reversed Busheen) that had gone unsigned for far too long IMO. It's nice to see it finally get a formal release. The other 2 are new to me so I'm looking forward to soaking those in.
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

subtropical wrote:Won't be out on Vinyl but this label is not a 'netlabel'...
djxlr8r wrote:Now will this release be on vinyl also? If not, then this thread should be moved to the net releases page
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=22 :wink:
subtropical
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by subtropical »

djxlr8r wrote:
djxlr8r wrote:Now will this release be on vinyl also? If not, then this thread should be moved to the net releases page
I'm sorry I don't understand your point...again, subtropical records is not a netlabel???
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

subtropical wrote:
djxlr8r wrote:
I'm sorry I don't understand your point...again, subtropical records is not a netlabel???
Then what is it :? If your Keinzweiter release is not out on vinyl but is out on MP3 only then it is in fact a net release. You even mentioned beatport as an online store source to download it. By looking at Discogs and checking out all of your releases, well almost all as Discogs does look like they have a few things missing from your catalog, you have only one vinyl 12" release and the rest are in fact net releases since they are only available for MP3 download. How is your label not a net label if you release mostly net releases?
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

:? Hmm, perhaps "net label" isn't the right term but "net release," no?

... or how about we just agree on "bitchin' release." :lol: