[DE] [31/03/07] Adjunct label night - 15th Floor - BERLIN

any
adjunct
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[DE] [31/03/07] Adjunct label night - 15th Floor - BERLIN

Post by adjunct »

hello folks

if your in Berlin - - please come join us at the 15 Floor this Saturday the 31st!!!!

www.myspace.com/fifteenth

Adjunct label night!!!!

[a]pendics.shuffle
Mikael Stavostrand
paradroid

saturday 31st 2007
15th Floor / same building as Weekend club

www.adjunct-audio.com

cheers
-Adjunct team
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

I was in the crowd! Well, I kinda was the crowd...

Why do only the artists move to Berlin, but not the party people? :roll:

But really, really great music, guys! Big respect!
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

Red Kite wrote:I was in the crowd! Well, I kinda was the crowd...

Err, I think there are plenty of party people in Berlin but having been there a number of times myself and talking to lots of Berliners, I think sometimes theres a feeling of overkill there. There's just too many nights on all week long but especially on the weekends. If you know you live somewhere and week in, week out there are stunning line-ups all over then you start getting complacent about the need to go out all the time. I remember going to Watergate on a Minus night and all the usual suspects were playing, and I was sat outside on the little chillout area on the river talking to a Berlin guy. He was commenting on the fact there were so many people outside in the chillout area all seemingly not bothered that Richie etc was playing inside and how it is different everywhere else in the world because when a night like that happens ANYWHERE else (even London) then everyone really appreciates the night and wants to make the most of it, but in Berlin everyone is blasee about it because they know they'll get more of the same so very soon! Spoilt for choice and quantity they are!
topperanza
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by topperanza »

true
...the last thing i remember is...

https://soundcloud.com/topper
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

hotpace wrote:
Red Kite wrote:I was in the crowd! Well, I kinda was the crowd...

Err, I think there are plenty of party people in Berlin but having been there a number of times myself and talking to lots of Berliners, I think sometimes theres a feeling of overkill there. There's just too many nights on all week long but especially on the weekends. If you know you live somewhere and week in, week out there are stunning line-ups all over then you start getting complacent about the need to go out all the time. I remember going to Watergate on a Minus night and all the usual suspects were playing, and I was sat outside on the little chillout area on the river talking to a Berlin guy. He was commenting on the fact there were so many people outside in the chillout area all seemingly not bothered that Richie etc was playing inside and how it is different everywhere else in the world because when a night like that happens ANYWHERE else (even London) then everyone really appreciates the night and wants to make the most of it, but in Berlin everyone is blasee about it because they know they'll get more of the same so very soon! Spoilt for choice and quantity they are!
This is why I really don't like playing in Berlin. It's one of the most frustrating city to play. I LOVE the city but damn, playing there... it's hopeless, there's always very few little people coming and it's always a huge job to make them dance. I hope to play an attended gig there, for once... :(
adjunct
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by adjunct »

yeah berlin is a tuff city to break it seems....the last party i played at watergate was pretty nice a few months ago....but the 15th floor was a bit wierd....andrew said that the same thing happened to the alphahouse labelnight a few weeks ago....oh well....theres just too many parties at the same time every week....ya never kow how its gonna end up!
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

hotpace wrote: Err, I think there are plenty of party people in Berlin but having been there a number of times myself and talking to lots of Berliners, I think sometimes theres a feeling of overkill there. There's just too many nights on all week long but especially on the weekends. If you know you live somewhere and week in, week out there are stunning line-ups all over then you start getting complacent about the need to go out all the time. I remember going to Watergate on a Minus night and all the usual suspects were playing, and I was sat outside on the little chillout area on the river talking to a Berlin guy. He was commenting on the fact there were so many people outside in the chillout area all seemingly not bothered that Richie etc was playing inside and how it is different everywhere else in the world because when a night like that happens ANYWHERE else (even London) then everyone really appreciates the night and wants to make the most of it, but in Berlin everyone is blasee about it because they know they'll get more of the same so very soon! Spoilt for choice and quantity they are!
Nope, not quite.

First: Party community is definately shrinking, and - even worse - aging. There's no new young folks growing into the scene since there's no media interest in it anymore, which used to be a lot different 10 years ago. Furthermore most of the established clubs build upon their regular guests and keep sending young people just discovering the scene away at the door.

Which brings us to point two: Since some clubs, especially Watergate, build upon their artist/ friend-of-the-house community, the only people who get in are usually not the ones most happy about it, but the ones who are just used to it and usually know so many people on the party they are busy chatting with all of them the whole night. The music lovers, the ones that come just for the line-up and for their favourite artists, and especially the bad, bad club tourists, are often denied entry. If you made it into Watergate, you are either the friend of someone who was playing, a beautiful girl or in company of one or a very lucky guy.

Thirdly, the big established locations like Berghain keep drawing most of the possible audience. The rest is split to some more known locations like Arena Club or Watergate, leaving the rest of the clubs struggeling for the last few party people around.

And last but definately not least, most people in Berlin go to clubs not for the music, but for the location, their friends and especially the drugs. Most people on parties in Berlin are so drugged anyway that it absolutely doesn't matter what music or artist is playing.

That's how it looks in Berlin. The high number of good line-ups is really just a small part in the puzzle.
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
sylvie.foret
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sylvie.foret »

this is interesting. i haven't been to berlin since 2000--totally different epoque, but, perhaps because i'm always "just passing through," it's always felt totally electric to me--at least from the perspective of the dancefloor. except that it's my general, totally prejudiced opinion that europeans don't know how to dance. and now americans (new yorkers, especially) suck at dancing because dancing is illegal in many places. thank god i moved away!

but scenes always have their cycles--people get old and fade out, then come back with a vengeance, while new kids jump in.

anyway. as a card carrying node on the network, who carries the torch for the wild west, who has single handedly converted countless sixteen year-old psy-trance-loving candy ravers to black turtle necks and pokerflat (we got to start out easy), i would kill to be blasee in berlin--where everybody's more or less on the same page and you don't have to convince anyone of everything.

fortunately, i don't need to, since apendics and stavostrand will be here, in dusty-ass santa fe new mexico, within weeks. but the minimal thing is really starting to catch on in the us. for years, the majority of promoters and djs i know have had NO idea what i've been talking about. at all. unless i mention plasticman. now EVERYBODY is minimal this, minimal that. this is a good sign. though my ego gets a little upset when someone i've been talking to for years is like, o, d'you know that label, minus?

:lol: