[Interview] JPLS exclusive for mnml.nl

all interviews.
djreagen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djreagen »

Zinthek wrote:Red Kite: Couldn't agree more man. There are some really awesome tracks that aren't gonna be released. Too bad.
my guess on that they will not be released is simple: everyone has them already...
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

djreagen wrote:
Zinthek wrote:Red Kite: Couldn't agree more man. There are some really awesome tracks that aren't gonna be released. Too bad.
my guess on that they will not be released is simple: everyone has them already...
unfortunately is right for some of them :(
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Well I was a dead end :wink:

But still, a stupid mp3 is nothing compared the a "real" release. And why then did M_nus release a track of him on vinyl that was already out on Clevermusic for free? (And why then "Musik gewinnt Freunde 01" became such a big hit last year on vinyl when all the tracks were out on a netlabel even two years before?) That everybody knows his tracks (what I see as a bit exaggerated) doesn't mean nobody would be buying it. I'd buy every single track on vinyl that he released. I even bought that stupid Min2Max-2 compilation just for his track (well, and the Loco Dice/Martin Buttrich one...)
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Interview JPLS exclusive for mnml.nl

Post by skept »

Zinthek wrote:my inspiration comes from not really normal techno artists like Autechre or Aphex Twin
awesome!!! :D
Zinthek wrote:What do you think about the recent (over)use of the word ‘minimal’?
take no offense please... but... could you replace this question on the next interview? great interview otherwise!
df
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by df »

skept wrote:
Zinthek wrote:What do you think about the recent (over)use of the word ‘minimal’?
take no offense please... but... could you replace this question on the next interview? great interview otherwise!
why? i find it a good question. i'm interested to know how producers/dj's look at (their own) music and how they feel it.

zinthek, good interview man. we should meet... 13 years fuse? i'll buy you a drink! ;)
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

df wrote:i'll buy you a drink! ;)
I'm not gonna say no to that :D
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

df wrote:why? i find it a good question. i'm interested to know how producers/dj's look at (their own) music and how they feel it.
asking about the overuse of something while overusing one more time. that is why. if it is overused and you recognize that PLEASE be the first to spare us all! plus it is unproductive, who cares, just make good music. and i will enjoy good music. not mnml music.

but i guess the question did spawn a good response.

dunno... i guess it's just freaking annoying. kinda like when people who aren't into edm call EVERYTHING techno. not that these situations are comparable... or i'm just an asshole who likes to complain. yeah that's the one i think.
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

it is linked on http://www.m-nus.com