an African lost in Australia

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
afristralian
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

an African lost in Australia

Post by afristralian »

Hi everyone,

I'm a big music fan (like most here i suppose) and a (total) amateur producer. I have been following the electronic music scene since the very early 90z and been trying to produce some music from about the same time.

Life dictates that we can't always follow our dreams and i had to go into a non musical career. I however still make tracks every now and then and hopefully one day some obscure netlabel would even be willing to release my work.

To keep myself in music i started a netlabel review blog (the link should be in my signature) and i try and write short reviews on some of the releases that i enjoy. I hope to promote OPM and expose all the fantastic (free) music out there today.

I'm glad i found this forum! Don't know why i haven't come across it before!

note: OPM = Other Peoples Music :)
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

G'day mate,

Good to see you on board...are you from Melbourne? If so come to our monthly (netl)abel party this Friday night @ Loop Bar in Melbourne.

More Details here: www.pinksilver.net

Great website review - cya around the traps.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Welcome Afristralian,

Jippie, another african on the board! Where are you from? I used to live in Botswana, then in South Africa (joburg and capetown).. The only two places on earth i know of without mnml

:D
afristralian
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by afristralian »

@Daniel:
Im stuck in Newcastle :( .

I only moved here last year and only got to see Sydney about two weeks ago! I would love to go to a party in Oz, I haven't found any good clubs over here yet (probably because im in Newcastle). is Pinksilver a net label as well?

@Celltek:

Yeah, i lived in Johannesburg most of my life. Was quite involved there with the electronic music scene over many years. Met a couple of big names touring there as well ;) . I miss it a lot some days.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Cool! Yeah SA is really lovely. I miss Biltong, Castle Beer and Nando's but Im having a great time here in Holland! Anyways welcome to the board!