- ask away
Zoiberg
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

DSI Evolver

Post by Zoiberg »

Have you got one?
Can it be used for minimal ?
(I know that last question doesn't mean much...)
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

yeah you could probably get some really nice sounds out of that thing. try going to its website and checking out some of the demo sounds/ songs. that plus a machinedrum uw... 8)
Zoiberg
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zoiberg »

I already heard the demo sounds, "war drone" drives me crazy :)
but still, a Machinedrum is what it is not only because of the sound, but of its UI as well...
and I wonder if I could get such a joy by playing with a desktop evolver.
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

I'm about to buy a machinedrum and sell my nord modular key (expanded, if anyone is interested).. own a Evolver and Jomox Mbase01 which I will synch up for some small live jam stuff... love the evolver, a very few synths (really) that interest me these days - one of the few that has drawn my attention is this little thing...
Zoiberg
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zoiberg »

fredrik_h wrote:I'm about to buy a machinedrum and sell my nord modular key (expanded, if anyone is interested).. own a Evolver and Jomox Mbase01 which I will synch up for some small live jam stuff... love the evolver, a very few synths (really) that interest me these days - one of the few that has drawn my attention is this little thing...
sounds good :)
is the desktop evolver difficult to program due to the limited pots and controls ?
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

supposedly the desktop version is an absolute wonder to play with. i hear it is really easy and intuitive once you can wrap your head around it. not that it matters much but i think that i saw magda with one on one of the connected videos. i hear people can make great drum sounds out of them too. give it a try. it's not like they are that expensive as far as a hardware synth goes.
Zoiberg
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zoiberg »

ok, I'm buying one :)
For drums, Microtonic is great, I hope to use the evolver to create some patterns with its internal sequencer.
cheers
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

yeah, due that you can set exp/linear envelopes it's suitable for programmering drums, for example...

edit:
no, it's not especially hard to program, not much harder than any other similar synth ... sure, it's hard to get an overview over the thing, and especially when things are going a bit complex... if you start playing around too much with the sequencer, you really need to keep track of what you're doing. but aslong as you do that, no problems. the interface is as good as it can get for the desktop-models size.