Old d+b head from London

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
Cleetus_Van_Damme
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Old d+b head from London

Post by Cleetus_Van_Damme »

Hello all, not a fan of these intro things, but here goes.

27 year old economics teacher in London, old d+b dj (played nites in Cardiff, Oxford, Bedford and London in my time). Also co-ran a house nite at Anexxo, Turnmills, to very little acclaim :D

Have not listened to a d+b track for a while now, and was turned towards the mnml sound by listening to some old Basic Channel CD's I brought years back, then forgot about :oops:

Top artists = Monolake, Fluxion, Basic Channel, Matrix, Hawtin

Top non mnml artists = Underground Resistance producers, Jeff Mills, The Martian, etc etc.

So yeah, basically I know very little at the moment, but am catching up on buying 12", good to be here people!
ilovedarkchocolate
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ilovedarkchocolate »

Well, from one old DnB head to another: hello!

I haven't been to much else than minimal for over a year now, but coincidentally I went to a DnB party just last weekend.

And it was horrible! Of course, we didn't pick the best party ever ;) It was a party called Blackout, in Tivoli, Utrecht, with Black Sun Empire, Calyx, Hive... It was dark, dark sht!

But friends of mine, that I hadn't seen for a long time, because they don't like minimal (at all!), agreed to go, so I went with :)

There used to be nothing better for me to dance to than that broken DnB beat... These days though, there is nothing above minimal. And this weekend, my friends and I (minus those non-minimalists of course) are going to go to a minimal party again, so yay!

Anyways, cutting a long, useless story short (a little too late, but nonetheless ;)):
Welcome Cleetus!