final scratch open

- ask away
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

final scratch open

Post by cyhl »

hmmmmmmmmmmm, they will sell the scratchamp as a soundcard... could be interesting! anybody's heard about the price?

http://www.stantondj.com/v2/fs/prod_fsopen.asp
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

I haven't seen a price either, but I have the feeling it'll be too much. Quality-wise, I don't think the ScratchAmp really stands above any other interface, although it is nice to have built-in phono preamps.

I'm happy they're heading in this direction, though. It really should be all about the software. Tie-in hardware is just annoying.
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

brianc wrote:although it is nice to have built-in phono preamps.
well, yeah, that's my point of interest in it...

I want to use mspinky and still am looking for an affordable soundcard whith which I can both run ableton live and play with 2 decks!

but I have the same feeling about the price... we'll see!
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

cyhl wrote:I want to use mspinky and still am looking for an affordable soundcard whith which I can both run ableton live and play with 2 decks!
Well, if the price turns out to be decent, go for it. MsPinky has been working really well for me with the ScratchAmp.
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

Sounds interesting!
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

brianc wrote:
cyhl wrote:I want to use mspinky and still am looking for an affordable soundcard whith which I can both run ableton live and play with 2 decks!
Well, if the price turns out to be decent, go for it. MsPinky has been working really well for me with the ScratchAmp.
ahhhhhh, very good to know, thanks ;)
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

tell me this...will this come with software to internally route you audio?

my room mate had to switch to a scratch amp for his primary sound card (his went down and need repair) and every time he wants to switch from headphones to which ever out he has to switch all his out puts in the software as well (which really sucks in logic). with other devices you get software and you tell your phones which singnal to monitor. on the scratch amp the phones are outs 5-6. that sucks in my opinion...I'd rather have an onyx 400f and just set my lap top right smack on top...that thing is beast and if it performs anything like the onyx boards it then it is solid.