ImageImage

Artist: Various Artists
Title: Noughts And Crosses Remixed
Label: Tic Tac Toe Records
Format: Vinyl 12” + Digital
Cat.No.: TTT 017
Releasedate: 07.02.2007

Tracks (click to listen):
A: Amox & Atle – A Witch’s Kiss (Ink And Needle Remix)
B1: BrightLight – How To Build A Monster (Benno Blome Remix)
B2: Matt Vega & Morten Fresh – Instant Corruption (Nino Raro Deepend Remix)

TIC TAC TOE RECORDS
- The Danish label for top-notch minimal house & techno – proudly presents the long awaited remix edition of the successful compilation: NOUGHTS AND CROSSES.

The Noughts and Crosses Compilation presented awesome goodies from some of the finest Danish producers at the moment – and choosing out the tracks to be remixed for this edition was a hard task.

After careful deliberations we ended up with three tracks:
Amox & Atle – A Witch’s Kiss, BrightLight – How To Build A Monster and of course the hit by Matt Vega & Morten Fresh – Instant Corruption.

We love all these tracks - but we were very confident to hand them over to the remixers we chose for the assignment. All are brilliant people with a very different approach to music. And as expected, they recreated already solid floor burners into three pieces of brilliance in their own right.

Remixers chosen are Ink And Needle - Copenhagen friends who have been stomping the charts the last 4-5 months with their widely known Tattoo Rec. Benno Blome - presentation of him and his innovative Sender Records from Berlin isn’t really necessary. And finally Nino Raro a.k.a. Inaqui Marin, known for his works on the Spanish label Regular.

A: Amox & Atle - A Witch’s Kiss (Ink And Needle Remix)
At the TTT HQ, we’ve always considered this track as a little hidden gem on the last side of the original compilation. And when Ink And Needle requested to do the remix, we said yes right away.

They have come up with a monster of a peak time remix. Its Detroit meets Ibiza meets secret super talented producers from Copenhagen – and it’s sure to leave a dance floor in a total mess of nutt-gone people.

B1: BrightLight – How To Build A Monster (Benno Blome Remix)
Benno Blome has turned one of BrightLight absolutely best tracks into a minimal floor burner. Grooving, churning and rolling with general noisy effects, creating an ass-shaking track, already heavily tested by Mr Blome all over Europe.

B2: Matt Vega & Morten Fresh – Instant Corruption (Nino Raro Deepend Remix)
We had expected an excellent, hypnotic, dreaming remix from Nino – but instead he knocked us out with a BRILLIANT monster of a remix that already is detonating dance floors all over Europe. Dance till you die!

Vinyl release date is set to February 7th, but you can already now buy it at BEATPORT.

http://www.myspace.com/tictactoerecords
http://www.myspace.com/djpatrickbatemancph
Donnie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Donnie »

loving it ... specially the third track it's so hypnotizing ... going on the wantlist
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

The remix of Niño Raro is the bomb :!:
mazi
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mazi »

Me like Nino Rano `s the best also.... but they all good
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Finally the vinyl is available in all good stores.

FEEDBACK.

Murat Özer (Connect Four):
Each one them is really cool and a high quality ingredient for various dj sets... I loved every bit of all.
If it is necessary to name a favorite; Amox & Atle - A Witch's Kiss (Ink And Needle Remix) is a killer for me...
congratulations and good luck when hitting the stores...

Satoshi Fumi (Connect Four / Force Tracks):
December chart 2006
#2: A Witch's Kiss (Ink And Needle Remix) / Amox & Atle [Tic Tac Toe]

Voices Recordstore:
Monster of a 3-tracker containing ingenious mixes by Ink and Needle, Benno Blome and Nino Raro. A fireworks of minimal tech grooves. Voices Tip !!!

Jeff Shelton (Houston US):
Really into the Benny Blome & Ink and Needle remixes.
Played them at my monthly residency and it got asses shakin' on the dance floor. Respect and keep'em comin' in 07.
8/10

Sian (Karmarouge / Connect Four):
Great, another deep thumper, love it!

Adam Marshall (New Kanada Recordings):
The "Witches Kiss" track is a killer and will wreck floors I bet. I also like the Nino Raro remix for the funk....

Barry O'Donoghue (Dublin):
I like the ink and needle mix, full-on detroit styles, support at radio. Benno Blome's mix is OK for me, tracky dark tackle. the Nino Raro mix is fucking crazy! I still can't decide if it's for me, going to play it out and see how it goes. I can see it being a big track though.

Jeff Bennet (Kung Fu Dub):
Wow! the Amox & Atle is just amazing! No1 one on my chart with no contender. Wicked Detroity Carl Craig feeling on this one!

Luke Le Mans (Trapez):
The a side is going to blow my osaka crowd away! I really cant wait to play this track at the big venue!

Dave Mothersole (London UK):
These tracks sound wicked.

John Acquaviva (Canada):
I like vega and fresh best.

CliqueBookings (Berlin):
Clique headquarter (p.toile, daniel fx, tillvonsein) loves this record.. bring it up..!!

John Donaghy (London UK):
Great new track from the label. Have been playing ‘A Witch’s Kiss’ at some of my recent sets...the track has a nice hypnotic tech vibe to it. Chart and radio support

Each (Bay Street/Out Of Orbit):
Nino raro first.
Excellent remix!!
A nice piece of techy-hypnotic twisted fucked up monster!!
the melody is totally torn apart here and the groove is really electric...
a real dirty old school tech touch....well done Inaqui!!!
we love this sh!t!@ keep it going cause it really drives me mad!!!

INK and needle remix
a trancey touch here again in this dirty acid journey...(it actually reminds me some classic coccoon release too!! ) a mysterious break with deep keys sounding like an old ringtone groove the track making sure to get the crowd euphoric on the dancefloor..... another one to break a sweat out off !!!
defintely takes the track higher here..a real bomb!!
well done again!!
I will play those for a while indeed!!!!!

And last but not least!!!
the Benno blome remix a much more minimalistic approah here with a great deep bass and with some scary freaky twisted noise driving teh groove..its actually sounds like a real electronic spider !!!

3Channels (Poland):
my fav from ttt017 is amok and atle will definitly oplay that one !!!

Altroverso (Italian review):
http://www.altroverso.altervista.org/re ... t017.shtml

www.culturanocturna.com review:
Noughts And Crosses was, probably, one of best 2x12" compilation of 2006 as far as the tech-house chronic goes. Perhaps some already no longer remembers this, since it at the same time dates from the start of that year. On it we could enjoy great tunes produced exclusively by Danish artists. One tune was the one that won over for the rest and made its purchase obligatory, "Serenetti Part 2", by the always effective Trentemøller. Unfortunately, in the remixes of Noughts And Crosses, which will appear at the end of this month, they have forgotten him. It’s possible that "Trente" has demanded too much dough, and this is why his tune has not been remixed, who knows. But hey, the selected tunes are not chicken sh!t either. The first "A Witch's Kiss" featuring Amox & Atle, a tune that got noticed in its time, and that now has been remixed by the likewise Danish Ink And Needle, mysterious producers behind the Tattoo Rec. label. As it couldn’t be any other way, coming from where they come, they have transformed a good tune into a great hit of the season. Bateman, the owner of Tic Tac Toe has somewhat made his mark with this remix, since it is going to bring him great economic payback. It reeks of what Ibiza is going to sound like and then some. Pity that it leaves me cold. The one outsider, according to my taste, is the second best tune of the original compilation, "How To Build A Monster", is mistreated by Benno Blome, owner of Sender. It turns into something small, dull and boring - What a shame! The Maxi closes with one of our own, Iñaqui Marín under his rebellious Niño Raro alias. As it has become habitual by the Catalan, this eats up its vinyl counterpart. He already did it with Cio (in Blackout 77), Swat-Squad and Alecs Marta (in Pulsewith), and now does the same with Tic Tac Toe. The original tune was good, but this re-mix is simply excellent. Direct to the jugular of any dance floor, this is pure dynamite. Powerful, dirty and hypnotic, Electro-techno. Excellent.
Ended 8/10
(Translated by: Louise Pierrel Mikkelsen)
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

Good translation, hehe :D