Miami WMC 2007. Worth of going for minimal taste, or not?

any
MarojeT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Miami WMC 2007. Worth of going for minimal taste, or not?

Post by MarojeT »

I just cant find any info about partys going on down there for 2007. Last year was great. Sunday School for Degenerates at Pawn Shoop with Richie getting behind the decks as supprise to everybody, Richie Hawtin at bed and Adam Beyer at Nocturnal was priceless. Conference ticket was a waste of money. It only get you in to chezzy events and staying at Whydnam or Miami resort was a mistake. Even to buy cigarettes you have to take a 10 min cab ride. If anybody knows any info on good minimal partys down there for 2007 I would really thank you for some info.
alland
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alland »

go
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I went last year but I am going to pass. Spend the money now and book the tickets for Europe instead. You can same the same people work the festivals in Europe or a long weekend in Berlin. Plus, they'll be more on top of their game. In Miami they're partying too hard and it's not really about the music.

This year there is a Clonk vs Minus party, and it's at the pawn shop. There's also a club4 party with carola, osuna, beyer, smith and more on the nokturnal terrace as well. I don't remember the info, I just saw it on myspace somewhere. Ultra Fest will have the same people as well.
MarojeT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MarojeT »

Thank you for the info. That sounds great. I would love to replace WMC with trip to Europe but curently my passport is crap. Wont get me anywhere unless I get a visa. I guess my options are limited.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Last year I chose for a vacation to Gambia instead of WMC and I would like to check it out this year, but it doesn't fit in my budget cause I won't give up Sonar for it.

Though I can't compare cause I've never been to the usa.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

If you seriously want to go for the music and see DJs at the top of their game, then go to DEMF in Detroit. That's where everybody "brings it."

If you want to see your favorite DJs get plastered and act like fools, while you lay on the beach trying to recover from a hang over, then WMC is all for you.
MarojeT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MarojeT »

Very true. Everybody is plastered at WMC. I am really looking to see some Live PA's and I don't think wmc is the place for that. I can't see how would you do a Live PA all plastered. Unless you have stuff very simple and just using EQ's and effects.
latin_funk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by latin_funk »

When exactly is the WMC?