New Label in 2007 - inviting demo's

- open
Texture
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Texture »

a scam???? errrr yeah, that's right, its a scam :shock:

Del - i actually trust people enough on here not to abuse my details, ive had nothing but warm welcomes here, well until now obviously. a scam to get free music??? what are you on about? i get free music through my door practically every single day of the week. I am simply inviting anyone who feels they have some great music to send it over. There's no promises, no scam, no nothing. My label is starting in the new year and i thought it would be great to open the doors a little and see what fresh music is waiting. If any. Jesus.

Professional approach? ive seen tons of adverts from labels inviting people to send demos, to enter remix competitions etc etc, its one of THE most natural ways to meet new people and hear what they are up to.

patrick - still in talks for distribution. Yes my label is for me and my friends, it just so happens that a fair few of my friends come on here, plus there was nothing in my original post saying it was EXCLUSIVE to my work or my close friends. Hence my invite for demos!

really i think some of you are being argumentitive for the sake of it, i wouldnt dream of replying like that if i didnt know the person behind it, because im not that presumptious.

anyone here who knows me or what im about knows im probably the most straight down the line person you could want to meet, who just wants to be able to make and release their music and help some people along the way. So quit with the paranoia and negativity and if you dont wish me good luck thats fine, but you dont have to literaly type it out to me

thanks
Klickhaus record 01 - Texture "Registry Check ep" - Original, remixes from Tim Xavier and Camea - Out now at http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/212 ... ht=texture

also at Beatport and other good record stores
Texture
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Texture »

plaster - wikid mate, hit me up on msn bud
Klickhaus record 01 - Texture "Registry Check ep" - Original, remixes from Tim Xavier and Camea - Out now at http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/212 ... ht=texture

Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Hey texture..
I love your "Registery Check" Camea remix.. I will prolly get it
this week!

Good luck everything and hope to see you in Holland soon!
Texture
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Texture »

cheers mate, much appreciated :)

hopefully il be over in Holland next year too, its been 2 years since i last stepped foot on Dutch soil :(

Christ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Christ »

Del wrote:Sounds like a scam for getting some free music I think :roll:

Forgive me if im wrong but it aint the most professional approach to running a label I've ever seen.

(tip. I wouldn't go posting your address on a public messageboard either :wink: )
patrick bateman wrote:Who will be distributing you?
Why are you looking for music when you wanna release yourself and your friends?
What is a professional approach and why do you need a distributor to set up a label?
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Good luck with the label.
Last edited by Christ on Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Christ wrote:
and why do you need a distributor to set up a label?
If you're going the vinyl way, it's a good thing to have a distributor, don't you think?
(I know the other way round is possible, but also hell of a work).
Texture
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Texture »

in the initial stages no, a dist can be the last thing you sort out if a person wishes. Most distributors i and the numerous friends i have with labels have dealt with so far have asked if possible for the first few releases to be confirmed and all ready to go and with a comprehendable list of the artists your going to have involved and your direct aims and goals etc etc so no, there was nothing wrong with the initial post, and judging by the great response ive had with emails and on myspace, it was worth it.

if you dont wish me luck great but dont try and belittle something that a person is working tooth and nail to get of the ground, thats just not nice at all.

fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

Well, I wish you the best luck.

I'm quite surprised by the hostile reactions here. Maybe some of them are just disguised warnings. It's not easy to set up a label. I agree a distributor could help, but it's the classic way of selling music, and we all know things are changing ;)

Not that you have to justify yourself, but giving us your résumé could help. Show us you're not only being very motivated but also that you know what you're talking about!