Arquipelago bassline

- ask away
Arantes
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Arquipelago bassline

Post by Arantes »

Hey all,

i´ve been around this forum for a few months, but i haven´t post anything yet.. so this is my first one. here I go.

Does someone knows a VST where i can make a similar bassline as in "Gui Boratto - arquipelago"'... !??!?!

Wicked bass constant, deep and with a light vibration ... :roll:

I would aprecciate some help, i tried a few synths with no sucess.

here is a sample of that track:
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF193278-01-01-01.mp3

thanx
highmel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by highmel »

its not the VST - its the head behind that plugins
So try try and try ....
remember: it isnt only 1 channel used here...
Can recomment this Pokersite/-school:
Arantes
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Arantes »

Beautiful words Highmel,
I agree with you, but it´s still to vague
and unfortunately poetry is not enough to make good music.

I got this recipe and with that i achieved a very similar sound as in Arquipelago bassline. I´m much closer now
if someone is interested here it goes:

"the bass is a looped sample. The original sample might be a chord from a simplistic polyphonic synth like the junos or prophets, either will give that timbre. heck, just about any subtractive synth will.

then it's simply sampled, looped (hence the variable, unsynched repeat), and low-pass filtered.

besides that I detect a very very low sub bass embellishment happening: a simple sine wave stab here and there to support the groove."
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

never mind. forget i posted.
highmel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by highmel »

so arantes - good luck with ur bassline remix
Can recomment this Pokersite/-school:
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I think a lot of what makes that riff are the notes in it. I can't really explain it well, but they all kind of lead into each other perfectly, without 1 particular change in pitch being dominant. maybe it's because there are 3 notes. who knows. it's certainly magical.

regarding the synthesis itself, it always sounded like fm too me. maybe try operator, and playing with the looping of envelopes.

As a sidepoint I think conversations like this about how certain parts of well known tracks are constructed are a very healthy. As an unknown producer, rarely do you get the chance to see for yourself the effect that your tracks and certain features of them have on the dance floor. And I think his feedback loop is very important to developing your own style. So doing it with well known tracks that you have seen work their magic is a handy little shortcut.