S.A.M.P.L.E.R. ??? - Ableton 6

- ask away
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

S.A.M.P.L.E.R. ??? - Ableton 6

Post by mlexicon »

ok so finally coughing up the dough for 6, but now i dunno if i want all the bells and whistles to go with it....

Most interesting to me is SAMPLER...

whats your experience with it...how essential is it? do you love it? i want to know. :)

thanks in advance

ray
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i already use Reason 3.0 i should say...if that makes a difference...i plan on using it in conjunction with live.
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

[useless comment]I dunno, I used sImpler for most of my sampling needs... it's true that the way I use it, I need to have a bunch of instances of simpler, but since I'm using tons of automation everywhere, I prefer doing this than using one multi track sampler and having 40 automated parameters on one channel![/useless comment]

[offtopic]hi ray!
(btw, glad to have you onboard for that project you know of ;) )[/offtopic]
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

8)
Unclean
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Unclean »

I have only one word (phrase) to say - Sampler is great !
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

another vote for sampler here :-)

i think it's great and i use it a lot. not as a normal sampler though. i think you can't compare it so nn19, nnxt and other samplers.

if you just want to play samples as they are, drumkits for instance, there are better solutions for this.

for me, sampler is a sound design tool. it enabled me to make those weird fx and sounds i was always looking for. i don't just load up a sample and play some midi notes. this is what nn19 and nnxt are for. sampler is here for manipulating the loaded samples, turn them into something new.

just last sunday, we had a stuido session, only using a mic and sampler. in 4 hours we created lots of great sounds. i really got into resampling a lot thanks to sampler. first we record our voices. then we mess them up with fx. then record the voice again with the fx. then cut out the interessting parts and load them into sampler where we messed the up even more 8)

you see, if you are into experimenting and sound design, sampler is a great tool. if you just want to play back some samples, save your money and stick to nn19 and nnxt. :)
oe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by oe »

northernlight wrote:you see, if you are into experimenting and sound design, sampler is a great tool. if you just want to play back some samples, save your money
i absolutely second that
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

not to much help here but...

i just purchased 6 myself. i bought operator but i did not buy sampler. basically because of what was said in a previous post about sound design vs simple playback... i cut my samples in sound forge and process them there.

sorry it doesn't answer your question but those are my adventures in ableton 6 and what i opted to do. mostly it was about the money. if i had the money to blow then i would have just got sampler regardless.