software

- ask away
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

software

Post by Stomper »

As a new guy into production i still wondering which software is the best software for production.
i currently use Cubase SX3 (can't wait till 4 comes out :D ) but i heard alot about other software like Reason, Logic, FL (which i think suck!) Ableton and other.

i havent asked this till now cause i havent come across a sirious producer forum till now.

now what im asking for is not just telling me which is better cause anyone can just say that this one is better simply because he use it.
the question is not just which is better but it also why is better?

thnx in advance for ur help.

Stomper.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

I'll throw some questions back at ya:

-Is there anything wrong with Cubase since you're looking for other apps?
-Why do you think FL suck? Just curious, I love it, partly because it's so easy to use.

Cheers
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

aallvor wrote:I'll throw some questions back at ya:

-Is there anything wrong with Cubase since you're looking for other apps?
-Why do you think FL suck? Just curious, I love it, partly because it's so easy to use.

Cheers
my question was more from coriousity but since u've asked.......
it's not that there's anything wrong with cubase, but i don't want to spend so much time learning it and than discover that there's something better.
everything got it's advanteges and disadvantages, i would like to be sure that i do use the software with most advantages for what i want to make.

as for FL i don't realy have something that i can't point on and say thats why, i just didn't find it comfterble to use, also had a listen to something a friend of mine did on FL and than something similer from Ableton and after quick compering i can say that FL have a very poor sound engine.
oe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by oe »

dont mean to be offensive but this post is just silly
use what you are good at and you'll get what you want

i used to squeeze mnml out of rebirth+acid(for proper sequencing)
+different free vsti efx
i also used different post-processing/mastering stuff before i was introduced to izotope ozone. ozone rocks
and this was waaay enough for me. i could do anything i wanted.

and although i use live now, i know that cubase is boss
(no one would argue that cubase is boss, will they?)
so you'd better go produce instead of fulfilling this meaningless curiosity
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

Stomper wrote: my question was more from coriousity but since u've asked.......
it's not that there's anything wrong with cubase, but i don't want to spend so much time learning it and than discover that there's something better.
everything got it's advanteges and disadvantages, i would like to be sure that i do use the software with most advantages for what i want to make.

as for FL i don't realy have something that i can't point on and say thats why, i just didn't find it comfterble to use, also had a listen to something a friend of mine did on FL and than something similer from Ableton and after quick compering i can say that FL have a very poor sound engine.
Well, in my opinion, the grass is always greener on the other side, and certain apps just seem more fun and exciting than other more traditional choices. Better is a relative word though. Oh, and don't get caught up in all the mumbo jumbo about sound engines, they're practically all the same really, 32 bit floating point summation.

Cheers
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: software

Post by plaster »

Stomper wrote:As a new guy into production i still wondering which software is the best software for production.
when the time passes u'll understand that there isn't any app wich is THE BEST for this or that. that part comes within you, wether you are comfortable using it or not. i told this alot of times and i'll try to explain it to you. when i first started i had noone to ask about this or that; just took alot of apps from a friend and installed one by one. in the end, a few of them stuck for years now.

trial and error my friend.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

totally agree with plaster on this.
Its not about "the best app" (which is VERY relative), its about "the best you" (which is not so relative at all).

If u rly hate cubase with a passion, try something else. If not, then get your head around it and you're on 8)
(it's "one of the best")
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

Robot Criminal wrote:
If u rly hate cubase with a passion

hah, i love this line. :D
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.