Edirol FA-101; MOTU Ultralite; M-Audio 410 - Live & Stud

- ask away
jeffreyscott451
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Edirol FA-101; MOTU Ultralite; M-Audio 410 - Live & Stud

Post by jeffreyscott451 »

Has anyone used these interfaces for live performance and used in the studio.

Would like to know thoughts.

Using Logic Pro 7 and Ableton Live on a Mac powerbook
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

I've got the Ultralite. It's a great pice of hardware. The sound quality's great, the number of ins/outs is plenty, it's stable, and the onboard mixing can come in handy.
emir/shuma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by emir/shuma »

I have a M-Audio FW410. It's also nice, both for studio use and playing live, since it has 8 outputs. I haven't had any problems with it, although my friends experienced some driver difficulties. I guess for that money its really ok.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

joel and i have 410s now and used them for the first time at a gig at watergate in september... I have no real complaints, so far, lots of good things to say about them..

one of the neat features is that you can divide the outputs easily and treat it almost like you have multiple sound cards installed.. it's helpful if you use headphones for cueing and/or are using DJ software like Traktor maybe.

The only thing that caused a problem for us is that there is a push button on the front of it that changes one of the midi settings.. working in tight quarters, it had been bumped before we started and screwed up our midi sync until.

It sounds pretty nice though and has lots of wicked features. Money well spent in any case.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

I'v heard nothing but awsome things abou the MOTU stuff
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

One more thing about MOTU, they're really serious about Macs, so it's very likely to work well with your powerbook. Mine has worked flawlessly on my macbook pro, and from what I've read about other interfaces, that's pretty rare.
relative q
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by relative q »

My MOTU 828mkII works flawlessly with my PC as well. Probably the most bulletproof piece of gear I've ever owned.
i require more bass.

blingin rims at reasonable prices: netlabel reviews and other dumb sh!t
relative q web presence