ableton sends

- ask away
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

ableton sends

Post by plaster »

is there a possibility to make a send effect for the impulse? for example, i would love to fx just the hats and the snare drum..how could i do that?
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

create a new audio channel and in the 'audio in' section choose the channel with the impulse kit in, then in the drop down menu that appears below choose the particular cell you want. you can now use this channel as a send oon top of the main impulse output.

if you want to eq and effect each hit seperately and not just route a couple extra on top of the main channel to play around with as sends, you will need to do this for each cell in impulse and then mute the output of the main impulse channel.
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

oblioblioblio wrote:create a new audio channel and in the 'audio in' section choose the channel with the impulse kit in, then in the drop down menu that appears below choose the particular cell you want. you can now use this channel as a send oon top of the main impulse output.

if you want to eq and effect each hit seperately and not just route a couple extra on top of the main channel to play around with as sends, you will need to do this for each cell in impulse and then mute the output of the main impulse channel.
I don't think you need to mute anything, since you route the cells to other channles the impulse track will be silent.
Ah, switch monitor ON on the tracks which are receiving sound from impulse.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

i'm a bit stupid today, but i dont quite understand how to do it. if i want to choose cells in impulse i got a problem cuz i don't see any routing to the send efx. but on the other hand, if i choose to edits cells from the mixer..i can see the sends, but i don't know how to route it to the impulse. :(

what am i missing?

thanks for your time.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

Plaster,

I think what he's saying is that when you create a new audio track to effect the hats from impulse for example, you can choose the "audio in" drop down in the new audio channel to look for your impulse instrument. Once you choose "Impuse" there will be another drop down below that one that will let you choose the actual cell from that Impulse channel.

That way, your hats from impulse will now be routed to that new audio channel, and not on the original midi channel that impulse is on. So, with this new audio channel, you can add any effect you like.

does that make things any clearer?