Are you a Music-Pirate??

- open
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Are you a Music-Pirate??

Post by Celltek »

ey,
I must admit to downloading heaps illegal music from the web.. However I fully support the industry by shopping at record stores regularly and usually do so after listening to the illegal version for a while, and going to gigs.

What are the producer's view on this? are you cool wit it or you wanna kick my ass?

Any aspiring DJ's that use DC++/Soulseek/Torrents and so on to get their underground goodness..

C'mon fess up dudes.. What are your views on this..
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

Everything I own is legal. That goes for music, movies and software..
df
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by df »

some years ago i downloaded around 10 gig per month... those 10 gig were tracks (illegal, via soulseek) and livesets....
these days... i download nothing illegal... i get all my tracks from beatport. i dont even download the livesets anymore that are posted here.
why only via beatport? now i have the real feeling of owning a song. plus i just love the search for a good tune. back in the days i downloaded everything. if it was crap i could delete and forget it. but now... i spend hours per day on the internet looking for songs with quality. if i like what i hear, i dont mind at all to enter my credit card number to buy the track. they just deserve it!

everything i own is legal too. music, movies, software... it's worth the money!
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

I download livesets...

I buy records...

I download cd's to check them and if I like them I buy 'em... Got around 1200 cd's here and maybe 10 of them are cd-r

I must admit that I do download movies for viewing pleasure but when I really like the movie, I buy the dvd... I also visit the cinema every now and then...

So do I support the original creators? Yes... :D
*I support southern fruits*
Medik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Medik »

I still download software, films etc. because i got no money to buy all the stuff...but i`m no filmfreak or pro-gamer :wink: ... but i don`t share music illegal... i buy all the music i really like... for music i only want to have a listen or sometimes there is one good track on a compilation with 12 or more tracks for 20-30€...then i download it.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Medik wrote:I still download software, films etc. because i got no money to buy all the stuff...but i`m no filmfreak or pro-gamer :wink: ... but i don`t share music illegal... i buy all the music i really like... for music i only want to have a listen or sometimes there is one good track on a compilation with 12 or more tracks for 20-30€...then i download it.
Thats exacly my point. When i go to the record store and blindly start buying records i sometimes get dissapointed by the record after a month or so for eg.
Microfunk - Pecan/white room
I can never play that record again because its too overplayed right now.. My copy is still practically brand new.. So yea because the sale was on impulse. There goes 10 euro's down the drain.. So now i get all the latest releases on my ipod for a week so i can listen to it and then often I delete it, but if the record is really good.. I buy the vinyl and play it at a party.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

I download music cause I'm always broke. But when I do have some money I spend it all on vinyl.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I wish there was a way to get the mp3s free with a record purchase. Sometimes I'll download the mp3s because I am too lazy to encode it into vinyl. I download a reasonable amount but I prefer to play vinyl so I usually end up buying the records I think are worth the money anyway. I buy some mp3s but haven't gone into it full force because I have nothing to play them on. Soon I'll get a technics cd player and buy a ton of mp3s.