audio renders when using LIVE

- ask away
mech84
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

audio renders when using LIVE

Post by mech84 »

when performing live with ableton is it best to render tracks as audio and then use them so that you are not using instruments, and keeping the amount of work your computer/laptop is doing to a minimum. What do you do?
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

i render them all as audio, at the appropraite mix level so i can keep my faders as near as damnit to 0db without havin the next loop crashin in at some mad volume.

i have no idea if its better on your CPU to be running a ton of audio or some midi instruments. i would imagine it is
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

well i just route the instument to another audio track and record it as my cpu is not the best anymore :-7
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

The most effisiant way to run ableton is to bounce all your midi to audio and turn all the timestretching off on the loops. They're already at the bpm you need them at anyways.
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

freeze and flatten :wink:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

northernlight wrote:freeze and flatten :wink:
yeah, it's a good option!!
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

plaster wrote:
i usualy run on about 10% cpu usage. leaves lots of power for working on new sounds. as soon as i nailed them, i freeze em. i usualy wait with flattening until after arrangement when i start to mix down.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

northernlight wrote:
plaster wrote:
i usualy run on about 10% cpu usage. leaves lots of power for working on new sounds. as soon as i nailed them, i freeze em. i usualy wait with flattening until after arrangement when i start to mix down.
thank god ableton decided to flex the freeze option, cuz the first version didn't allow editing while in the freeze mode. didn't use it much tho...i think i should cuz most of the projects go up untill 80% or more. :roll: