mnml newbie

Apple mac

Post by cha »

what apple mac laptop is the best to buy
lil' jerk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lil' jerk »

I suggest finding an older ibook, probably a G3 would be your best bet.. because of the then different processor architecture, purchasing a G3 with about 300 - 400 Mhz would probably be more than what you need. you can't go wrong, and it will be considerably cheap to buy. Ignore the newer more expensive things, that are in their first stages of development, I urge you go for the tried and true G3... anything else would leave you unhappy and swindled feeling. Plus with the money you save, you could probably buy ableton live and maybe get on a netlabel before the new year!!!!

cheers!!!
jockywabber
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jockywabber »

I think your suggest is right.. but i've got a not-so-new apple ibook g4 1.2 ghz and 256 ram... some times it's hard not to stress with new software that request a lot of ram and processor...

can you suggest me some not-so-new software adeguate to my mac??
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

your ram is way under what you need....i dunno what your trying to accomplish, but more power is more power...spend some money....

if you dont wanna spend so much money get a new ibook...theyre almost as powerful as the new macbook pros.

i got a macbook pro and i got nothing to complain about....
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

lil' jerk wrote:cheers!!!
lolzor
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
ri
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ri »

The new macbooks are great, they have all teh power you'll need for a very long time to compose live without having to render/bounce anything down like many laptops. You will also eb able to run bootcamp (or whatever the new OS version is called?) and run window's on the laptop, thus having a powerful and stable laptop that is value for money (independent tests not just opinion!).

Worth spending a bit now. The macbooks are pretty damn cheap compared to similar other pc laptops, and you have their sturdy plastic so if you drop it it won't crap out on :)
r.i.

let the music talk
cha
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

thank you

Post by cha »

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply and for the good tips
jockywabber
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jockywabber »

does any1 know if there's a way to run rebirth on macOSx without installing os9 or using classic mode ??