Speaker - amp question

- ask away
gan_on
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gan_on »

ri wrote:You might also find if you're running anything else on the same powerpoint (ie. lamps) it might cause problems. Just run it direct to the wall, and the rest of the setup from another point, see if that helps.
yeah, thats a good tip, i have the same problem...its usually the amplifier that sucks. the radio station thing is kinda funny....sample it through your speakers! maby you're picking up CIA transmissions.
From Shadow Moses?"
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

it might be your ground. Just get one of the three prong to two prong converters and the hum will be gone. they only cost like .50. that is saying not on the amp but the equipment that is connected to the amp...If it worked with the laptop then you just have to figure out what is creating the hum. Anything creating a ground could cause this...make sure no metal is touching the amp that is grounded in.
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Ok well if it is just a shitty amp issue has anyone had any luck with using a feedback destroyer between the amp and the speakers - i found one beringer makes for 100 dollars which seems pretty reasonable.
gan_on
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gan_on »

i'd get a new amp...get a NAD...the ones they made in the 90's are my fav's...a bit cheaper (2nd hand of course) but they have huge ammounts of firepower. i used to have one but i managed to drop a glass of water on it...buzz, crack...and the circuits were up in smoke.

a feedback destroyer...never tried that
From Shadow Moses?"