Which Key?

- ask away
harvoir
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Which Key?

Post by harvoir »

I'm trying to do a remix at the moment which contains vocals. What software can i use to detect the key it's in & then change it?.
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

i recommend melodyne
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

You could just use your ear then a keyboard to find the key, it would be quicker.
harvoir
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by harvoir »

Torque wrote:You could just use your ear then a keyboard to find the key, it would be quicker.
i wish i could do it like that, but unfortunately i'm not musically trained. i'll try melodyne

thanks anyway
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

melodyne is expensive for what you are looking to do. go to http://www.kvraudio.com/ and search for pitch detectors or something like that. i know they have a dozen or so of both mac and pc plugs for free or under 10 dollars. and they work well too so check it out.
Unclean
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Unclean »

why do you do music, if you are not musican ?
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

harvoir wrote:
Torque wrote:You could just use your ear then a keyboard to find the key, it would be quicker.
i wish i could do it like that, but unfortunately i'm not musically trained. i'll try melodyne

thanks anyway
I'm confused :?

If you're not a musicly trained and don't know music theory then what good is finding the name of the key? Even if you had the information, what would you do with it then?
However if you just use your ear to find the notes that fit it would serve you better becuase it would help train you to be more instinctive. Knowing all the music theory in the world can not train you ear like just playing the notes will. Otherwise it's just mathmatics and nothing more. Mathmatics do not convey emotions like your hands can.
Nic Synaes
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nic Synaes »

You want mixed in key - it'll tell you what you need to know and put a load of tracks in order of key as they should be mixed - and the demo does WAV files for free!

I too am musically incompetent (fairly seriously tone deaf) - but don't let it stop you...!!! We have the technology

Try googling Mixed In Key to get the site