[minlove | mnlv 07] V/A - Background Records

- free art
minlove
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[minlove | mnlv 07] V/A - Background Records

Post by minlove »

Enjoy another detailed label showcase (don't miss the Andy Vaz interview) & netrelease on minlove.net.

Take care, Christian

--

mnlv 07
Various - Background Records
release date . July 19, 2006

Almost one year after minlove's first showcase we are proud to announce the 7th netrelease that aims to give an insight into the patient work of one of the most eclectic and prolific labels out there. Andy Vaz - head behind Background Records followed our invitation to present the labels vision and it's highly unique sound aesthetic that is deeply rooted in the early Motor City sound and perfectly placed into a modern and state-of-the-art electronic music context.

Daniel Bemberger aka. db, truly one of the most talented producers out there and well known for his releases on Background and Karloff, opens up this marvellous complilation delivering a fabulous anthem of this unmistakingly emotional intensity and deepness he's best known for. Andy Vaz and N. Gratin aka. Jan Jelinek are following with a kicking midtempo piece, combining funked-up retro-house elements with more digital and abstract concepts in a truly playful and lightweight manner.
Mexico based Ángel Sánchez Borges aka. Antiguo Autómata Mexicano delights with a lush and dense blend of glitchy hisses and nimble-footed percussive structures, overlaid by a blissful and multifaceted ambience. Dave Miller's „Broken Fun, Now Fixed“ is an excerpt taken from a live set he played at Club Module in Tokyo this year and showcases ones again his quirky talents while delivering a heady cocktail of textured melodies, sophisticated sounddesign and deft ease. Terrence Dixon's dark alsmost obscure „Ivory Coast“ seems to reflect a new direction or trend in his sound, combining hissing hat and snare patterns with modulated synth sounds underlayed with endless repeating drum and percussion structures of compelling intensity.
Frivolous' remarkable almost uncompromising closing track rounds up the release in a slightly ironic, yet perfect way while melting beautifully crafted sax instrumentals with foundsounds and a catchy groove.

Tracklisting
01 . db - December 75
02 . Andy Vaz feat. N. Gratin - we're not gonna diss you right now
03 . Antiguo Autómata Mexicano - Broken In Your Room Again
04 . Dave Miller - Broken Fun, Now Fixed (Live In Tokyo)
05 . Terrence Dixon - Ivory Coast
06 . Frivolous - The Emoticon Don (In Two Movements)

Read more at minlove.net / background-records.de
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

Thanks alot for this one! :D
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

seems to be nice one.
thanks minlove 8)
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

Two answers on this one??? :shock:

Come on!
Hands up one of the best release out there this year!

I'm in love with the Andy Vaz feat. N. Gratin track (dudes: Andy Vaz and Jan Jelinek!!!) and the Dixon tracks is making me melt each time I hear it.

(have to say I cannot believe how silently something like that is falling down the thread list...)
smith
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by smith »

idealstandard wrote:I'm in love with the Andy Vaz feat. N. Gratin track (dudes: Andy Vaz and Jan Jelinek!!!) and the Dixon tracks is making me melt each time I hear it.
It is a fantastic track. Vaz is really gettin' funky of late..

,g
cheese mama
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cheese mama »

this release is the best net release i've had the pleasure of knowing/playing!
big ups and warm recommendations :!: :!:
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

I especially love the feel to: Frivolous - The Emoticon Don (In Two Movements)

Really great...
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

i completely missed this thread! getting the release now. thanks to minlove.net for keeping up with the awesome releases!