[m_nus - items & things] spaceships & pings (2006)

- wax
undergrnd
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[m_nus - items & things] spaceships & pings (2006)

Post by undergrnd »

Tracklist:

A1. Konrad Black – ‘Coma Couch Surfing’
A2. Magda – ‘Black Leather Wonder’
B1. Marc Houle – ‘Kicker’
B2. Troy Pierce featuring Gibby Miller – ‘The Day After Yesterday’

Release date: 04 august 2006.

======================================================
First release on the label ‘spaceships & pings’ features a track apiece from minimal techno busy beavers Marc Houle, Magda, Troy Pierce and Konrad Black.

Konrad Black is most known for his bass-heavy swing approach to minimal techno with releases ‘Draconia’ and ‘Medusa Smile’ on Matthew Jonson’s Wagon Repair label. Konrad’s track for the EP ‘Coma Couch Surfing’ is described in the PR as ‘spacey disco full of dreamy melodies and a sick bassline.’

Richie Hawtin's right-hand woman Magda weighs in with ‘Black Leather Wonder’, a stuttered electro-ish number which should serve as a taster for her upcoming mix CD ‘She’s a Dancing Machine’ out soon.

On the flip, production machine Marc Houle weighs in with ‘Kicker’, a outing described as ‘building and building until the bass drops, presenting a crazy melody which sends the track over the edge’.

Finally, Troy Pierce continues to mine his dark vocal techno vein on ‘The Day After Yesterday’ featuring minimal crooner Gibby Miller at the mic. It’s billed as ‘a trippy vocal excursion into the mind of an obsessed stalker’ so don’t play it in the dark.

Samples: http://iheartitems.com/
kenny dies all the time
www.myspace.com/undergrnd
faunty
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by faunty »

marc houle track for the win
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

They have this posted over at Decks.de in their upcoming releases section if you want to listen to samples. It's very electro-ish. The Magda & Houle mixes are alright but I don't care for the rest.. & what's w/ Troy Pierce & the word "bitch"?! He really loves that word doesn't he?

I don't know, I need to hear this in it's entirety before I can really say whether it's any good or not but I'm not particularly thrilled by it so far.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

kinda weak imo. the marc houle track is okay but I'll just pick up bay of figs instead.
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Love it. I think Black Leather Wonder may be the best Magda track yet. Marc's and Troy's are also fantastic.
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

brianc wrote:Love it. I think Black Leather Wonder may be the best Magda track yet. Marc's and Troy's are also fantastic.
I agree, Magda really hit the spot with her track, going all psycho electro on us. Killer and totally unexpected! Also into Troy's and Houle's tracks. As to Konrad's, it's just a Legowelt rip-off. Lovely release though!
Stephen_Cole
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Stephen_Cole »

I like all four tracks. I'm a big fan of all four producers.

Definately on my wanted list, this EP.
- ∑ --
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

Terrible release, so far a bad first impression for this new label.