loop question in live

- ask away
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

loop question in live

Post by kujoma »

Hi is it possible to set a loop that way that it will apear only every 4 bars - when its e.g 1 bar long?
--

Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Well if I get what you're asking just, for example, make a loop that is 8 bars long but only has audio every 4.
Well that is how I do it, there is probably some better way.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

i have done this in live but to describe it is difficult. i think it will have something to do with your project time sig and your loop time sig maybe.

you know on your loop there are things on the top that you can move. one is an arrow and the other is like this ]. there is an arrow for begining and end and a [ and a ] for beginning and end. get the arrows around what you actually want to play. then take the end ] and strecth it out to how long you actually want the loop to be.

this makes no sense to you i am sure because i do not know all the terms but it took me a minute to figure it out and i can do it now. but sometimes it doesn't work as i expect which is why i said i think it may have something to do with the time sig on the loop and the track.

i hope this helps. i fear it may confuse you more though.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

you could lower the loop time...but then the sound quality gets fucked up coz of the time stretching.

if i understood the question right.
edin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by edin »

you can do whit follow actions time .... ...in launch mode

set for your loop that it plays one bar & and when it is finished the follow action goes to te next ... your next loop should loop without audio, so mute it or record silence:) ! for this set that it plays 4 bars and when it is finished follow action go to the first in coloumn... this can be the way..

try...
stefan erhalder
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: loop question in live

Post by stefan erhalder »

kujoma wrote:Hi is it possible to set a loop that way that it will apear only every 4 bars - when its e.g 1 bar long?
if using midi clips: just increase the 'lenght' parameter in the 'notes' tab.

if using audio loops: i would render the loops longer and fill the rest with silence. i often use this for fx that i want to hear only every 4 / 8 / 16 bars. its much faster and easier to do than with follow actions, plus you don't need more than one clip.

another way is to use the volume automation - this is very handy if you already have your eg. 1bar audio loop rendered but want to play it only every 4th bar for example:
in the envelopes tab-> select clip volume envelope, then set region/loop to unliked. increase lenght as much as you need, eg 4 0 0 for a 4bar loop and draw your desired volume curve. :wink:
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

Hm thanks i tryed already a few of this things but nothing worked as good for me as i like it to. Maybe they include a feature like this in following versions. Thanks anyway ;)
--

Lee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lee »

when i want to do this, i turn loop off on my original loop, send the track's output to another audio track, record in real time triggering the loop every 4 bars, so it plays then stops and plays again every four bars. the original loop can then be discarded, and replaced by the recorded loop.