Mixers

- open
Poolside
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Poolside »

Yeah, I'm diggin the warmth and that I get the impression you can hit Eclers heavier (like old analog studio gear) and get nice sounds, vs today's digital djm, etc. type stuff, which just seems to have well thought out subtle compression circuits vs. actual bad ass components.

I'm interested in the Nuo4 or the Nuo4.0. ..someday:idea:

8 hours it is. rooftop or beach. either way: grilled cheese & taco bar(s)
sir fice
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sir fice »

vestax pmc 50.. even with all the new technology and such, i don't think i'll EVER get rid of this thing.. it's a friggin tank, all metal knobs, AWESOME sound output (every sound guy drools over this thing)..

cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

sir fice wrote:vestax pmc 50.. even with all the new technology and such, i don't think i'll EVER get rid of this thing.. it's a friggin tank, all metal knobs, AWESOME sound output (every sound guy drools over this thing)..

word!!!

still one of my all time favourite mixers to play on, especially with the rotary mod for it. thing is SICK.

the pmc.55 was a nice try, but its not as good as the 50.

though the pmc.500 is a bad ass mixer, too...

doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
sir fice
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sir fice »

i used to have the rotary kit a long time ago and i DO like it, but this mixer pretty much gets used for all my shows as well as personal use. the masses don't like the rotary overall, so i switched back to the faders. someday when it's not quite the workhorse it has been for years, i'll switch back..

and that 500.. i've never actually seen that beast.. w0w.. pretty sure i'd still stick with the 50 though for the little perks the 500 seems to be lacking (the eq cuts, transformers (even though i don't use them too much they're nice to have), all the REALLY easily accessible inputs on the face for plugging stuff in live at a show, the overall cleanliness of the layout, etc.)..
Delko
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Delko »

Daniel Logikal wrote:Image

PS - This is not really my mixer :P
ahaha very funny :P
gordi555
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gordi555 »

Still on my Pioneer DJM-400 mixer - only thing that will fit in my coffin with the 4-way plug socket in the back.

Want to upgrade to the VESTAX PMC 280!
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

gordi555 wrote:Still on my Pioneer DJM-400 mixer - only thing that will fit in my coffin with the 4-way plug socket in the back.

Want to upgrade to the VESTAX PMC 280!
the effects are REALLY digital sounding on that thing, fyi...like, annoyingly so.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
jaylun
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaylun »

Does it for me for 3 years straight..