[Arpiar008] DJ Sneak - Delta Trippin

- wax
Dardis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [Arpiar008] DJ Sneak - Delta Trippin

Post by Dardis »

I'm not really suprised to honest, why not charge 50 Eur is you can get it? I suspect the reason Arpiar related vinyl is now pricey is because they (rightly) want the largest cut of the final market value of records they have made. Based on hype alone the market value of this one was always going to become ridiculous, regardless of the fact that the music on both sides is pants. It's Villalobos on a limited Arpiar run.

Theo Parrish realised a while ago that when he put out a limited release at £10, they all sold within a day & were back up for sale at £30 within a week. So he gets £10 less costs, the dealers who have contributed nothing get £20 pure profit. So he simply put the price up. With Sketches loads of people voiced how they wouldn't shell out £30, but he only needed to shift 150 (which happened within a week). In addition the seconds market was so strong the price went as high as $800(!!). I wouldn't be suprised if the next limited Theo/Arpiar runs retail at even higher start prices.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Interesting point that makes a lot of sense.

Do people think its morally wrong to buy records that you know are going to sell out and then put them up on Discogs for twice the price?
Dardis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dardis »

::BLM:: wrote:Interesting point that makes a lot of sense.

Do people think its morally wrong to buy records that you know are going to sell out and then put them up on Discogs for twice the price?
Absolutely, but unfortunately morals never come between people & money. It's amazing how much stick artists/labels/stores get for pricing vinyl a quid over £8.99, while people who contribute nothing to the scene, who flog them on three weeks later & make more profit than the label, artist, shop & distributor put together, get no stick at all. Personally i'd rather see artists and labels getting the money, as they put out the music that keeps everything going - not the fad dj's & vinyl dealers who make no music, yet receive the most financial reward.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i believe thats not at all the point.

DJs are sensitive bitches, and such rip offs translate directly to the loss of respect.
if it gets obvious that a artist wants to make big bucks on the back of us little DJs who supported him with buying every vinyl and attending gigs than he loses my respect.

does he make less money? or even more? does he care? it doesnt matter to me.

a hype can be created very fast, but never forget a antihype also.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

really disappointing ...i wonder if a lot of people will lose respect for arpiar..
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

Is it fact now that apriar charges that price and not decks? I missed that point somehow.
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

Fck all of them. Everybody here knows how hard it is to make music and live from that. Those speculators are the ones who deserve all of the dissing! Not only that speculation leads to overall increasing prices for the music lovers, also they are ripping off the artists / labels (and us) really bad! It is understandable to charge high original prices (if at all apriar did), while I think that there are hopefully other strategies to prevent this behaviour. "store only" and "only one copy per customer" may be two of them without the bad effect that you have *no* chance at all to get a copy for a reasonable price.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

::BLM:: wrote:Interesting point that makes a lot of sense.

Solution: press more records.

I think doing a 300 limited batch was wrong in the first place. They knew it was going to sell out just because, you know, there was this absolute "unknown" producer... Ricardo villalobos doing the remix. I think they are trying to get profit over the name of ricardo, dont know if its the label or the shop, but i think it will be very naive to think that the arpiar guys arent aware of that situation. After all they sent the records to the store no?