number of downloads/income from beatport

- ask away
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Beatport Sales

Post by Atheory »

yacek wrote:Deadmau5 sold 30,000 some tracks between "Not Exactly" and "Faxing Berlin" on Beatport
yacek wrote:EDIT: let's not forget good music is good music, hard to expect people to buy crap even if advertised right.
some people seem to manage it.
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

Atheory wrote:
yacek wrote:Deadmau5 sold 30,000 some tracks between "Not Exactly" and "Faxing Berlin" on Beatport
yacek wrote:EDIT: let's not forget good music is good music, hard to expect people to buy crap even if advertised right.
Lots of people manage it, before my mates record shop went under (RIP More Music) he used to make the majority of his money selling really bad hardcore & hardstyle records and his second biggest sellers were the huge farting bassline electro house tracks so theres definately a massive market for the worst music around.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

G3rard wrote:
Atheory wrote:
Lots of people manage it, before my mates record shop went under (RIP More Music) he used to make the majority of his money selling really bad hardcore & hardstyle records and his second biggest sellers were the huge farting bassline electro house tracks so theres definately a massive market for the worst music around.
But you guys know it's just a matter of taste right?
What you think is really horrible music, others might think is the best...
Strange discussion.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

yacek wrote:I see music sales not as a form of real profit but as a promotion tool to get gigs, which I believe is where the money is at :) Deadmau5 sold 30,000 some tracks between "Not Exactly" and "Faxing Berlin" on Beatport, which doesn't seem like it could translate to a lot of money (even if he made another that amount lets say from other sources), so I think where he can make it is charging high prices at gigs... this is my speculation.
Of course he has made some money on selling 30.000 tracks. It's piece of cake calculation.
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

patrick bateman wrote: But you guys know it's just a matter of taste right?
Strange discussion.
or lack of taste. :lol:
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

patrick bateman wrote:
Strange discussion.
yeah, i'm not sure i believe that anymore. it like saying there is no right or wrong cause its all relative, its fine in theory but, well, you know...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Atheory wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Strange discussion.
yeah, i'm not sure i believe that anymore. it like saying there is no right or wrong cause its all relative, its fine in theory but, well, you know...
of course I don't like that music either... but not everyone can be as cool as... haha
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

patrick bateman wrote:
of course I don't like that music either... but not everyone can be as cool as... haha

:D :D :D

i actually don't even know what i think about music anymore, i don't know why i even get involved in discussions about it.

i am mystified by deadmau5 sucess though. its incredible that he sells more of one record than some people will sell in their whole career. the record buying public are an unpredictable beast. what makes one shade of grey more appealing than another?