Aether = Cadenza's CUBE ?

- open
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

blizt wrote:
miniKAT wrote: Djs and Acts like Luciano, Loco Dice and all that trash bring in hipster trash that doesnt know their a$$ from their elbow and are just there because its the new cool thing, minimal. And those guys arent even minimal, they play tech house. I think that the new hip sound, no? A little tech house with a sprinkle of detroit. Is that it? I dont know? I dont wanna spew anymore hate. Theres no scene, this aint the 90's. At least not in NYC.
Man you talk way too much crap. Luciano has been doing the same thing since he started. You blame him because he now became famous? Come on, he deserve it. Have you heard his live @ weetamix cd?? That sht is sick!!Ok, he now plays more house stuff and some "merengue bootlegs". Who cares? If he likes it, he did his homework and won the right to play in front of 5000 people. When people get tired of him, they will move to another artist. You CAN'T control that. You just can do what you like and hope people like it or give a fck about that. Detroit, chicago, minimal, techno blablabla it's all music man!! If its well done, just feel it!!

I smell too much hate.
Oh, I feel It, ...

The question is, DO

????
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

i can understand the disliking the whole aether concept, or even not enjoying someone now as much as you did years ago, but there's some seriously off-the-wall accusations and statements being said in here.

and i'm notoriously a rude asshole about things like this, but i don't think i'd go saying some of the things in here. like...ridiculous allegations that are pretty entertaining.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

miniKAT wrote:
Djs and Acts like Luciano, Loco Dice and all that trash bring in hipster trash that doesnt know their a$$ from their elbow and are just there because its the new cool thing, minimal. And those guys arent even minimal, they play tech house. I think that the new hip sound, no? A little tech house with a sprinkle of detroit. Is that it? I dont know? I dont wanna spew anymore hate. Theres no scene, this aint the 90's. At least not in NYC.
I wrote this on another forum, but think it applies just as much as a response to you.
Sure, you may get an influx of people who are just in it for the trend - and a large chunk of them will jump ship when the next trend rolls along. But, inside of that influx of people you get

- people who do have a genuine interest in the music
- people who may have been trend hoppers, but developed a genuine interest in the music

It also creates an active scene that attracts new people to it who are going out for a good time / listen to music / find something new and can create 'converts'

and, once all the trend-hoppers move onto the next thing, it leaves behind the people who do have a love for the music and injects some fresh blood into the scene to help keep it going.
So, what you're saying in the below:
I bought my first minimal record around 97. I think it was Dj Slip. I heard Landstrumm play his own style of Minimal back in 96 I think. I got into it then and I'm still into it (well, some of it). Thats more than I can say for the passers by, who are on to the next cool sht like urself. Im pretty loyal to the artists and music i listen to.
Is that unless you were into minimal in the late 90s, you have no business being into minimal now?

Some times the opinions on this forum really make me think "wtf? this is what's wrong with the scene"

You bitch that people don't innovate and just re-hash the current trends, but when they do innovate - you bitch. If they revisit 'old' trends (mid/early 90s minimal) its "paying tribute" - but to me, that's simply re-hashing even older ideas - and isn't much better than re-hashing the current trends.

Seems like allot of posters here have a streak of jealousy in them because they are DJing/producing and haven't lucked out enough to make it big in the scene.

Sure, even if you have the talent, the skill and the know-how to be a great DJ/Producer, there is an element of luck and knowing the right people. But know what? it's the same regardless of what industry your working in.

Doesn't matter if your working as a programmer or a manager - there is an element of luck and "knowing the right people at the right time" to making advancements in your career - it's a fact of business, and yes - if you want to make a living as an artist - art is a business, and that's just part of the game you need to play to be sucesfull.

If you don't want to play that game - then do what you do, but don't get pissy when you don't get the amount of success you want for it if you're not willing to put in that extra effort, just be happy with the satisfaction of doing what you love.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

^^^^

yeah great post.

i don't know why luciano is being cast as some sort of super villian. he's produed loads of really good tracks over the years, that sounded absolutly nothing like detroit or minimal circa rob hood hood. stuff like solomans prayer w/melchior and Fourges Et Sabres still sound really good in my eyes, and not like all the other records. i'm guessing the Minikat probably hasn't heard those tracks and is probably making his judgement based on some mp3s of a djset, which isn't really the right way to comsume the music, imo.

also, i know theres a level of white fan-boy ownership that happens with music, people who are on the fringes of stuff, who become more fanatic/rigid about things. you know the usual, blah, blah, blah, the real sh!t, whine, whine, this new sh!t, blah, blah, fakes, whine, whine.

it closeminded.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Once again,

Somehow u have disected my posts and extracted and flipped around what I said into something that is more fitting for u to refute.

ONCE AGAIN:

I NEVER SAID EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING THAT IS NOW OR NEW IS TRASH OR GARBAGE. I WILL TRY AGAIN, BUT I DONT THINK IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE..

I believe that acts like luciano, loco dice, deadmaus, dont deserve such high acclaim as they have. They maybe good producers and decent dj's ( I dont like them, but thats MO) but they dont deserve it. For instance a producer and DJ like Matthew Herbert is a 100 times more talented, versatile and inspiring than any luciano will ever be in his whole life, but he doesnt have such fame and doesnt hold such a high spot. Why? Thomas Brinkmann is another one. Yes, they're well known, but not like the lucianos and loco dices. Theres lots more examples but I just cant think of them right now.

What i am basically saying that relates to the topic is that luciano is not such a great dj and performer that he has mastered and wowed us with his DJing and now he is gonna play laserlight tag with his friends and I will be amused. No, he aint there yet, IMO. Just because hes famous dont mean sh!t to me.

A few peeps on here tend to apply my statements to everything and everyone, when its not like that. I think most of us on here love the same kind of music and if we were in a club and a DJ was really going in, ripping the decks or the laptop to shreds and the vibe was bangin, and whatever ur mood enhancer is (if any) was just kicking in, then at that moment I'm sure the look on our faces and the feeling inside would be of pure joy and excitement and we would probably be thinking the same thing "Damn, this sh!t is RIGHT!!!" ..

and basically thats all that matters, our love for this type of music. The rest is miniscule details that we will probably never agree on and in the big picture its just a small speck.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

cloutier wrote:i can understand the disliking the whole aether concept, or even not enjoying someone now as much as you did years ago, but there's some seriously off-the-wall accusations and statements being said in here.

and i'm notoriously a rude asshole about things like this, but i don't think i'd go saying some of the things in here. like...ridiculous allegations that are pretty entertaining.
Like?

didnt u start this out by saying that the whole thing reminds u of a winamp plug in and then defending mills and detroit.

Would u not agree that acts like luciano dont deserve such high praise and acclaim?
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

miniKAT wrote: Like?

didnt u start this out by saying that the whole thing reminds u of a winamp plug in and then defending mills and detroit.

Would u not agree that acts like luciano dont deserve such high praise and acclaim?
it does look like a winamp plugin. not going to refute that. and i'll always back mills, hood, and detroit.

but your whole shtick about them bringing in hipsters and the whole thing about "i had a dj slip record in 96" is just an off base, who cares kind of thing. no offense to your liking slip back in 96, but the relevance is pretty slim to none in there. the whole "minimal isn't what it used to be" thing has been done to death, too.

at this point, who really gives a sh!t who likes what and for why? if you're doing what you do and you're happy with what you attend and hear and listen to, keep it that way. no ones forcing you in to anything.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

miniKAT = annoying

that is all
Last edited by b-ran on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.