staying in touch with the club scene as a producer

- ask away
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

Its pretty decent in Wales for putting on small free parties I go to at least 2 or 3 every year and only 1 has ever been raided by the police and even then they let us stay on the condition that we clear everything up afterwards and leave by midday. You just need to find the right spot or get permission from a farmer or forest ranger (along with a few quid to turn a bind eye :lol:)
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

I feel like almost all the people here. I'm a 31 years old came from Southern Spain to Barcelona. I have been developing a feeling of fustration and anger to the dancefloor scene in the past 4 or 5 years. I realised the reason was that the word concept club has been adulterated; i will explain it, at the begining "clubbing" for me was the way to break rules, to experience the new boundaries, to develope your mind, to relate in a more effusive and totally different way. There was always a "surprise factor" but maybe when I came to Barcelona where everything is so well regulated in right order, with superDj's with lineal sessions (they don't risk ), and I dont's speak about visuals because all of this in this city is shht! I experience all this in a very repititive manner and It is difficult to feel some chill. And yes the best moment is when you go home wishing to turn up your daw. (Maybe I'm nissing the underground here, anyone knows?)
In the other hand I would like to encourage people to start openfield parties; there is one I would like to recomend in Spring in a beatiful natural enviroment in the south which is legal, free and nearly 30 all kind of music stages you can choose.
And yes I prefer the experience dancing to electronic music is much better being
inspired by sunrise and feeling the cool air on your skin than being in that annoying full of smoke atmosphere in a club.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I went out clubbing for the first time in ages last night and got inspired by both cutting edge experimentation and good old fashioned house music. It put a few things into perspective and i have some idea of the direction i'm going.
Koppnicker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Koppnicker »

For me the whole going-out-getting-wasted-and get-on-everything-life-can-offer-you-attitude is very important.
Theres a big difference between a massive soundsystem which pumps you the sound the inside the head like a hammer and your pants start flattering because of the heavy bass-influence and listeninig to the same sh!t at home.
Music becomes loopier after a while and I more and more understand the music. I love it. Period.

You just have to go to the right places, which is indeed pretty hard in my city, despite of heavy namedropping. Some weeks ago the Wighnomy Brothers played here (they actually brought me to this kinda music) but I had to leave after half an hour because the audience was pretty sh!t.
It's a bit like throwing diamonds on pigs, they eat up anything.

We even have an afterhour-location here, but I'll never set a single foot again in this "club". Besides the Anabolika-Cocaine-Monks who just go there to get more drugged and fck the youngest bitch they can find, the whole place is just a charade. I drank with the dj cause I liked the sound he was playing that morning, but after looking a bit closer I saw that he was running a mp3-set! He just whiggled on the mixer and acted like he was djing! I mean what the hell is that?

There's just one (maybe two, I wasn't that often in the other one) club who really put in effort in what they are doing. And this club is often pretty empty.

But fck it! I love going out, cause I'm fucking 20years old. I need to go out and get on it, maybe just a phase of my life, but still necessary :D
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Koppnicker wrote:I drank with the dj cause I liked the sound he was playing that morning, but after looking a bit closer I saw that he was running a mp3-set! He just whiggled on the mixer and acted like he was djing! I mean what the hell is that?
What's the point in that? if your wasted and you don't want to dj, don't dj. I'm sure he would have more fun racking up lines of K than wasting his time pushing faders up and down on channels that don't have any signal coming though.
Koppnicker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Koppnicker »

It's not that he was too wasted to dj. It's just a charade in there. I was pissed about that. Are you really that resigned about somebody calling himself dj or is just my irony-detector broken?
jaylun
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaylun »

I organise my own parties with international dj's we book. Sometimes i want to go out clubbing though, if there are names i really want to see and i haven't seen yet. most small upcoming dj's & producers.
Next month we have BLM & Jay massive..