i'm fed up... i beg you...

- ask away
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

can we stop talking about clothes now, you c***s.
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

Haha, lighten up its friday afternoon :)
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

victorgonzales wrote:
Measax wrote:
pheek wrote:Saying to stop using bass is like stopping using hihats. I'm not sure if its in the same range of exemple. As far as I know, I never heard anyone complaining about basslines, dubby or not.
and another thing - do people have to complain? so its up to someone to complain first before it a problem... i don't get what you mean... just because people don't complain doesn't make it any less unoriginal....its just accepted and copied since the 1960s...
People do have to complain to start changes.

If big label owners didn't say they are sick of the same thing in public then alot of people wouldnt know to try something else. How else are people supposed to know when a fad is wearing out?
not really my point... point was how its ok to use some sounds over and over but not others, even if they are copied exactly. What I ment by do you have to complain is do you have to complain for it to signify there is an issue... or is this a high school and only the cool kids decide whats ok and not ok any more.
warren888k
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by warren888k »

Atheory wrote:can we stop talking about clothes now, you c***s.
never, viva la scarf!!!!!
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

scarves are worn to hide - when swallowing one's pride ;)
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
your neighbour
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by your neighbour »

No more bass drums, please!
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

I think all was said honestly. People can see it as my personal take on "minimal music", just a request to people submitting demos. Take or leave it ;)

That said, since i was deeply into this thinking for the whole week and in my new studio, I spent a LOAD of time working on a new song, with in mind not to go with the Minus flow :lol:

You can hear the result in my Myspace player. Its actually a remix of an old track named Hermite that was supposed to come on Kalimari before we pulled the plug.

I love spending weeks on a track, so much fun! :D

Thanks to everyone who contributed in this thread, it was very interesting to read everyone!
erdbeerschnitzel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by erdbeerschnitzel »

So I can file my music under "m_nus music" now cause I got no reply on my demo to Archipel? Cool, I'll send it right over to Richie xD Didn't know I had these sine appeggios, but they must be in there somewhere o.O (Sorry, no-reply-on-demo producers always get bit pissed ;) )

But I can agree with you, pheek - I listen through the actual top50 at any big store, and 90% bores me. Nearly no experiments, only a few people doing great sounddesign atm... the rest sounds like copycat-ism.