Ricardo Villalobos

fkz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fkz »

http://www.discogs.com/release/658882

i love the track with señor coconut... grotesque!
alexis bowles
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Que bel Époque

Post by alexis bowles »

Que Bel epoque, frisbee
hmmmm what a delicate way to change the color of a serious dance floor. from no-where it's a bel epoque (nice era) that mnml music, lifestyle, art is living rigth now. We can all feel that it's going somewhere. And sure M.Villalobos (whit others) is in command of that. his music is so delicate, warm and very powerfull. Are we not tired of the bang bang Techno ? Do we want sometimes to do partys in a more smiley, way ? just asking ? Minimal art have a very hardshell, but the philosophy behind it, is amazing and when you understand it (you think) It's becoming very touching.

a.
It'S not just a model or a sound, but a way of living.
faunty
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by faunty »

over taken much time to listen to it - I can't tell you how incredible I think his stuff is, it really requires a learned patience (for me) but he, Luciano and the Cadenza sort of sound I am so enamored with- the earthy tribal (not big room tribal LOL) kinda vibe - sooo nice - he sorta sets a stage for your head to do the rest- well that can be said of all music but something really special i've grown to love about his sound

I just wish I can get more exposure to that on the dancefloor

ya the guy may party pretty hard, but theres no denying his passion for life, beauty and sound in his music

I can't wait to hear him and Richie play at Piknik in the outdoors next week in Mtrl - though I have seen richie several times Ricardo never - so excited.

does anyone know the deal with http://www.ricardovillalobos.com/
it says "Access to this site is restricted, please enter password:"
smith
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by smith »

faunty wrote:I just wish I can get more exposure to that on the dancefloor
locally - check an adam marshall set. :)

I'm looking forward to the picnics at mutek, but well.. find it kind of strange that they seem to be overshadowing the rest of a very strong festival..

,g
liminalkid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by liminalkid »

ooh, adam marshall was great. saw him a bunch of times at 'terra' when i lived in toronto. hello canada! i have nothing but fond memories!

having said that, villalobos totally killed it at fabric on saturday, so i'm glad i have access to london whenever i want. :D

bongo madness.
raijin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by raijin »

Seive from his new split ep with Henrick Schwarz is CRAZY...
:twisted:
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

prenzlauer
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by prenzlauer »

No love for the internet :(