do we need to go back underground?

- open
mando
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mando »

peter glitch and crackle wrote:there is no underground anymore. underground is an ideal that the people keep
i know what you mean, in the 80s and early 90s, you must fight for something, you live.

but u also must understand the generation problem. now, its the "next or next/next" techno generation, they dont remember the first days of techno/house (industrial, wave, punk etc.) and dont understand the meaning (some do).

i remember some words from westbam, he said:
i am getting older and older and i am waiting for some young innovative DJs, there are kicking me from my place. but, i am still waiting again.

and last but not least, its also a definition, what underground is.

today, you dont must fight for something, you only can be a part of anything, outside of the masses.

but i think, its very important (for alle next generations) to keep underground alive and perhaps to learn the true meaning.

the real fighting men are too old and too tired and waiting for this...
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

mando wrote:
i remember some words from westbam, he said:
i am getting older and older and i am waiting for some young innovative DJs, there are kicking me from my place. but, i am still waiting again.

and last but not least, its also a definition, what underground is.

today, you dont must fight for something, you only can be a part of anything, outside of the masses.

but i think, its very important (for alle next generations) to keep underground alive and perhaps to learn the true meaning.

the real fighting men are too old and too tired and waiting for this...
Westbam is surely a bad example. His events are nothing but giant advertisements for video games and whatever else that will write a check. It is hard for anyone to bump low spirit from a place when it has so much money. They put on a rave at a club I used to work at, and working with them again would never be my idea.

I think it is great that nobody really needs to fight anymore. It means hte expression can be more abstract or that effort can go into quality instead of barely pulling off the basics.
freeeeeee
mando
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mando »

Der geile Ami wrote:Westbam is surely a bad example. His events are nothing but giant advertisements for video games and whatever else that will write a check.
stop! ;)

you misunderstand me :)

i only want to tell, that westbam said (i dont want to discuss westbam, only his words):
all the old man are waiting, that someone kicks their places, but all of them are waiting and waiting and nobody comes...
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

mando wrote: stop! ;)

you misunderstand me :)

i only want to tell, that westbam said (i dont want to discuss westbam, only his words):
all the old man are waiting, that someone kicks their places, but all of them are waiting and waiting and nobody comes...
ach so! okay

There is tons of talent in the middle leagues, but they just dont have the room to go higher. The biggest names could fart into a microphone and still be the top picks for bigger dancefloors. I am sure some of these guys could retire already or step back and just do event production with someone fresher playing.

But yeah, we do need something new. DJs and one hour live acts are getting boring for me and fast. Events and spaces are generally designed for the people to consume hte music of some standard presenters and not much more. Perhaps the fight of the past included a platform that encouraged others to interact on different levels.
freeeeeee
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Der geile Ami wrote: There is tons of talent in the middle leagues, but they just dont have the room to go higher. The biggest names could fart into a microphone and still be the top picks for bigger dancefloors. I am sure some of these guys could retire already or step back and just do event production with someone fresher playing.
Word to that one!

But I guess that will never change as long as crowds get attracted to the established, big name superstars, no matter whether there's new people doing it better. And the old men are glued to their thrones and watch their empires and loyal worshippers from up there, so I call this Westbam statement bullshit.

If he wanted some young producers/ djs to take his place he could have raised someone into his position a long time ago. Fact is he didn't, and problably never will as long as he prefers making money himself, and he won't have a chance anymore anyway since rumor has it Low Spirit went bankrupt, and Mayday sold already, so soon it's bye-bye, Westbam!
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

Red Kite wrote: But I guess that will never change as long as crowds get attracted to the established, big name superstars, no matter whether there's new people doing it better. And the old men are glued to their thrones and watch their empires and loyal worshippers from up there, so I call this Westbam statement bullshit.
techno is now a brand, and it's normal that crowd is attracted by bigger brand.

we can not criticize dogs to sh!t everywhere.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

minimal techno party in smalltown usa:

just thought i'd share since we discussed this on this topic earlier. For those of you who want to have parties, don't worry about where you live, just do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zifMG6jwM1I
stringfello
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stringfello »

ahhhhh!!! the underground is back.
Reborn in Detroit