Mixers

- open
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

I've tried/owned/sold just about every high-end mixer out there and they all have strengths; they're all quality. That being said, I ended up with the A&H Xone 3D and still have it.

My opinions on the mixers are as follows:

A&H 92 & 3D: Trademark British warmth to the sound. Solid. High quality appearance. The 92 is the best all around best mixer for the dollar IMO. I only bought the 3D over the 92 because of the USB soundcard routing options and the Ableton controls.

Mackie: Decent. As with all their product, the preamps are bright sounding. Good build quality. Inexpensive.

Ecler: Very average preamps. Has an overall boring tone to my ears. Not the best looking mixer. Looks a little cheap. (Faders, knobs.) Again, I'm being picky. I did like the effects a lot.

Pioneer DJM: Good mixer. Very bright sounding. Not the best preamps. Lots of on-board effects. Very high quality appearance.
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by codecks »

I need a decent dj mixer. I've been using a friends rodec MX 180 mk2 till now but he needs it back. I've been looking around (rodec, ecler, AH,..)
Currently, I've set my mind to the Allen & Heath XONE 32 (42 is nice but the price is a little to much) as it fits my budget and it seems to be quality. I'll use it in a traditionel dj setup with 2 sl1200's and serato scratch live, so 3 channels should be more than enough.

Any advices I can get here around the xone 32 or other dj mixers ?
minimal my ass !
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I've been using the Allen & Heath Xone 62 now for a couple of months. I upgraded from a Pioneer DJM 500 and my only regret is I never done it sooner. The sound quality is just so good. I love the Eqs and the filters are great too although I tend not to use them very often. I've become a social outcast because all i wanna do is sit at home and listen to my new vinyl :lol:

I've never used the Xone 32 or 42 but if the quality is anything like the 62 it's money well spent. In fact, save as much as you can and buy the best you can afford. You won’t regret it :!:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

At home DJM800
At clubs, either A&H92 or DJM800 is my preferred ones.
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

It's pretty solid.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

boudo wrote:Image

It's pretty solid.
mehh

analog > digital
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

you guys and your fancy mixers...here's mine...

i love the rotary eqs

BTW ~ Im looking to buy so this is very helpful! I play records mostly but also would like to map midi to traktor. the ecler nuo 4 looks good.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

nuo5 is where its at for me...love it.

doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier