Other skills
8%

Total votes: 90

roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

patrick bateman wrote:
Which means that it doesn't matter how the music is presented, as long as the music is good.
strange interpretation imo.. it just means that if people have to decide between those two points they prefer a good track selection..

how you can read out of this poll that it doesn't matter how music is presented amazes me..
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

roland wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Which means that it doesn't matter how the music is presented, as long as the music is good.
strange interpretation imo.. it just means that if people have to decide between those two points they prefer a good track selection..

how you can read out of this poll that it doesn't matter how music is presented amazes me..
I'm amazed you can't see it :lol:
Beatmatching/technique isn't important, only track selection is, according to this poll.
But if we go back to the vinyl / digital thread, then Themis was talking constantly about how it is SO important how the tracks are being beatmatched/mixed...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

it is important if you want to call yourself DJ.

Just a good track selection makes not a DJ, i think we can all agree on this why do we come back to this the whole time
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

patrick bateman wrote:
Beatmatching/technique isn't important, only track selection is, according to this poll.
hm.. no.. this poll only says that when people have to decide between these two points.. most of them prefer a good track selection..

but it doesn't show that beatmatching/technique is not important.. it's just less important when people have to decide between the two points..

imagine a poll "who is more beautiful?? jessica alba or megan fox.. ??

if 70% vote vor megan fox it clearly doens't mean that these 70% percent think jessica alba is not beautiful or not important.. :D

it's like i said on the first page.. this kind of poll isn't convenient for the kind of discussion we have.. it would be better if people had to asses from 1(not important) to 10(very important) how meaningful a certain skill is..

and we know that people wouldnt asses the skill beatmatching/technique with a zero.. but that is what you imply with your interpretation of the results.. 8)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Themis wrote:it is important if you want to call yourself DJ.

Just a good track selection makes not a DJ, i think we can all agree on this why do we come back to this the whole time
I'm just teasing you ;)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

roland wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
hm.. no.. this poll only says that when people have to decide between these two points.. most of them prefer a good track selection..

but it doesn't show that beatmatching/technique is not important.. it's just less important when people have to decide between the two points..

imagine a poll "who is more beautiful?? jessica alba or megan fox.. ??

if 70% vote vor megan fox it clearly doens't mean that these 70% percent think jessica alba is not beautiful or not important.. :D

it's like i said on the first page.. this kind of poll isn't convenient for the kind of discussion we have.. it would be better if people had to asses from 1(not important) to 10(very important) how meaningful a certain skill is..

and we know that people wouldnt asses the skill beatmatching/technique with a zero.. but that is what you imply with your interpretation of the results.. 8)
Seriously, I'm teasing you ;)
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

patrick bateman wrote:
Seriously, I'm teasing you ;)
payback's gonna be sweet :P
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

let's make a poll about whether tic tac toe should be a netlabel or a usb stick label, see how patrick likes it :)