EVEN Hawtin struggles to get into Berghain!!

- open
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Done reading...

As a final thought on homophobia.

Here in Budapest there's a famous gay club, which is well-known for some of the best parties (to disco or whatever pop and r&b music, that doesn't matter). The simple reason for this is that gay guys can really party big time, some of them even dress up like girls, and fool around acting over-gayish just for the fun of it. Girls love going there, cause they are not confronted by men on the dancefloor all the time, and they can just have a real great time, drinking and partying, making friends, whatsoever. That's 21st century!
...:::I Looove this Place:::...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

I'm a girl!
sry :D should have gave more attention to your name
Last edited by Themis on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

seamus wrote:
Atheory wrote:
i understand that its a message board so there is going to be a difference between people culturally, socially, life experience, exposure to different lifestyles, INTELLIGENCE etc, so maybe i should also learn to be tolerant of peoples stigmas, even if i find them outmoded and abhorent.
Let me guess: people who don't really want to watch blokes fcking each other are less intelligent than you? And their distaste for public sex is abhorrent?

Oh, those poor uneducated provincial proles........ :roll:
:)

Although Atheory always has interesting ideas, I have to admit: this thread is like many other topics not about the original thought anymore, but just about outsmarting (or how do you call it) eachother...

If you're straight, it's not fun to see 2 men going at it in a club! That's just biology. At least, for me it is like that...

But the door policy: Well, I've ever been there, so I don't know. I would probably think a pretty strict door policy is ok, until I find myself not allowed to enter by the tattoo guy.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

seamus wrote:
Atheory wrote:
seamus wrote: Let me guess: people who don't really want to watch blokes fcking each other are less intelligent than you? And their distaste for public sex is abhorrent?

Oh, those poor uneducated provincial proles........ :roll:
did it cross your mind that i might be talking about this spectacularly paranoid assumption?
Er, what spectacularly paranoid assumption? You've lost me now.....
oh god, tell me your joking.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

So dck Hawtin is pissed he didnt get into the gay club what? :lol:
miles
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by miles »

one time i was there with my ex gf and she was so scared after about 30 minutes that we had to leave the location.

i'm quite sure that a lot of people can't handle that kind of behaviour.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

YOU SAID:

Let me guess: people who don't really want to watch blokes fcking each other are less intelligent than you? And their distaste for public sex is abhorrent?

^^^^^

you assumed that. they weren't my words or sentiment in the slightest.
out of a whole load of reasons i gave why someone might harbour fears or prejudices against homosexuals you took one and ran with it. I just thought it was a bit peculiar.

there are people who are too stupid to understand equality and tolerance. i'm not saying ALL people who have prejudices are stupid. Some of its is cultural, access to different lifestyles....and so on.
kgw
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kgw »

Atheory wrote:YOU SAID:

^^^^^

you assumed that. they weren't my words or sentiment in the slightest.
out of a whole load of reasons i gave why someone might harbour fears or prejudices against homosexuals you took one and ran with it. I just thought it was a bit peculiar.

there are people who are too stupid to understand equality and tolerance. i'm not saying ALL people who have prejudices are stupid. Some of its is cultural, access to different lifestyles....and so on.
Regardless of tolerance and equality, the vast majority of [techno] clubs don't allow this sort of stuff to happen. People aren't used to seeing other people commit sexual acts (whether hetero or homo) so openly and therefore are uncomfortable with it.

I don't see why you're getting on your high horse here, just because you are OK with seeing some blokes having sex with each other in a club does not mean you are superior to anyone who isn't comfortable with it.