Dj Bone interview (bring some hate)

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

that was super week, come on clifford you're boring me.. im asking you a question here.

apparently you can't comprehend this tricky question.. WHO Are you talking about when you CLAIMED everyone knows who bone was talking about..? did he tell you this himself.. yes / no -

* also, how do you know this as such a matter of fact.. did he tell you himself yes / no..
Torque wrote:Everybody knows the people he is talking about it's not a secret. That interview was targeted at certain people.
you've said it yourself it's not a secret. therefore, I'm asking a very simple and direct question.. the way you speak you act as if he may have told you directly.. so I'm just simply asking.. just curious as a few others are... I've had a full rest and you're still avoiding the question.

if you don't choose to share.. then say that please...
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Funny that everytime something involving detroit ends in a discussion type "you are not real", "no, YOU are not real" and "my dog's better than your dog" type of sh!t. Why people keep talking about detroit while they have been surpassed twenty years ago is beyond me... they still desperately want to keep the fame intact but I truely can't hear what innovations are still coming from there. It's a bit like the retro-parties going on in Belgium: endless recycling of a glorious era while failing to see that those days are gone and they are now ten years behind. Nostalgia is a bitch.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

PsyTox wrote:Funny that everytime something involving detroit ends in a discussion type "you are not real", "no, YOU are not real" and "my dog's better than your dog" type of sht. Why people keep talking about detroit while they have been surpassed twenty years ago is beyond me... they still desperately want to keep the fame intact but I truely can't hear what innovations are still coming from there. It's a bit like the retro-parties going on in Belgium: endless recycling of a glorious era while failing to see that those days are gone and they are now ten years behind. Nostalgia is a bitch.
x2
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

PsyTox wrote:Funny that everytime something involving detroit ends in a discussion type "you are not real", "no, YOU are not real" and "my dog's better than your dog" type of sht. Why people keep talking about detroit while they have been surpassed twenty years ago is beyond me... they still desperately want to keep the fame intact but I truely can't hear what innovations are still coming from there. It's a bit like the retro-parties going on in Belgium: endless recycling of a glorious era while failing to see that those days are gone and they are now ten years behind. Nostalgia is a bitch.
You see i actually agree with you somewhat on this. The only real innovative movement i can think of right off the top of my head was the drum & bass/ Jungle thing and some of the IDM (although it's a retarded name for it) stuff. Just about everything else in the electronic music arena sounds real close to stuff that was done in Detroit a long time ago. Most of the innovation coming out here lately seems to be coming from the Hip Hop and R&B cats out here. I think it's because allot of that stuff from here seems to stem from the same influences that created techno like Funk music. That being said, i don't hear much innovation from anywhere not just Detroit. Innovation is a rare occurrence in general......
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

Torque wrote:
You see i actually agree with you somewhat on this. The only real innovative movement i can think of right off the top of my head was the drum & bass/ Jungle thing and some of the IDM (although it's a retarded name for it) stuff. Just about everything else in the electronic music arena sounds real close to stuff that was done in Detroit a long time ago. Most of the innovation coming out here lately seems to be coming from the Hip Hop and R&B cats out here. I think it's because allot of that stuff from here seems to stem from the same influences that created techno like Funk music. That being said, i don't hear much innovation from anywhere not just Detroit. Innovation is a rare occurrence in general......
WORD,

btw - has anybody forgot - it's all about music babies, so go back home and bury your guns.

peace
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Torque wrote:See this is a good example of the cultural difference between Europe and Detroit. Here we value it when people say what they think... ...When did it become so rude to tell people the truth?
Cultural locations/differences aside I think most of us feel the same way so come on, speak the truth. Tell us what you really think.

I have become curious to know the answers to John's questions too.

Also, who do you think is really innovative in hip hop these days? I don't really follow the genre... errr... industry rather but I am curious to check out innovation.
Anonym
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Anonym »

I ain't from the 20 years ago, or am I nostalgia. I am here and now and "I come from Detroit" and if you don't hear my music or my innovations you are in the dark my friend(not to mention the many new producers from Detroit)... And yes the old school bitter bullshit needs to go.. But dudes from the EU need to stop using Motorcity in their artist or band names if they are not from Detroit that is exploitation and nothing else. Be who you are and where your from, or be anonymous....
Where where where am I? Who who am I?
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

Anonym wrote: But dudes from the EU need to stop using Motorcity in their artist or band names if they are not from Detroit that is exploitation and nothing else. Be who you are and where your from, or be anonymous....
funny enough, i just had a huge conversation with some friends about motor city drum ensemble and this whole concept just two days ago.

oh, and anonym still is pushing boundaries. and i'll continue to abuse my anonymous release records as much as possible. :)
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier