RA.100 - Richie Hawtin

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

minimalwyte wrote:CLOSER TO THE EDIT IS BETTER THAN TRANSITIONS! THE 2ND ONE IS THE BEST. sht IS FUCKIN DOPE! TRANSITIONS DIDNT DO MUCH FOR ME. DONT PLAY IT MUCH.
This guy from the Bronx knows it all and feels the need to shout it out so everyone can hear him.

As far as this mix haven't listened to it and don't really have a desire as this horse has been beaten into glue enough already. :roll:
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

minimalwyte wrote:HAWTINS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO!
:roll:

First thing you can do is find out how to turn off the CAPS LOCK.
Last edited by PsyTox on Tue May 06, 2008 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

shypht wrote: Do you think DJ's were pulling off stuff like Ricardo can years ago when DJ culture & the electronic music scene was just starting to form?
euh? Looping and pasting and efx etc has been done for ages... but gifted dj's just did that on a third deck or with two identical records. I'm not so impressed when a dj does that with Ableton, but when I see a truely talented dj spin three vinyl decks at the same time and wacking in loops of only a few beats, then throwing on a new one while the two other decks are still playing, yeah, that's art for me.
You might think this is new but honestly, I've seen and heared stuff like this many years ago. And already in the disco ages, dj's would make their own edits and little soundclips and use tape recorders or dubplates to introduce them in their sets. Often without any pitching possibilities.

So, all the so-called new technology does is making it possible for less talented people to do those amazing things as well. And in that aspect, its actually a negative evolution. It makes the creative and talent aspect a common thing that any idiot can do.
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

James zabelia uses ableton along with the pioneer set up.
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
minimalwyte
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimalwyte »

I LIKE TO WRITE IN CAPS. IM NOT YELLIN.
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

PsyTox wrote:
So, all the so-called new technology does is making it possible for less talented people to do those amazing things as well. And in that aspect, its actually a negative evolution. It makes the creative and talent aspect a common thing that any idiot can do.
When a DJ is simply using Abelton to simply beatmatch two tracks and stand around doing jesus-pose now that they dont need to worry about other stuff - then yes, that is being hack and rather lame.

When DJ's start using the technology to do new/interesting things that were not possible before - then thats when things start to get interesting .

IMO, Richie is starting to / trying to push into that area - he's not just simply using technology to keep 2 or 3 tracks in synch for him, but trying to do something new with it.
Last edited by shypht on Tue May 06, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
minimalwyte
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimalwyte »

I couldnt agree wit you anymore sypht, he's not just tryin to match beats to make it easy, he's tryin to push the limits and expand on his skills. Fresh.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

http://www.contakt-events.com/

as if these guys couldn't get any more pretentious...