Ricardo Villalobos

Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

What do you want me to do, lie about what i thought?
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Im just being an arse
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
seth
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by seth »

peter glitch and crackle wrote:ricardo is an amazing producer. maybe his sound is difficult for some people to understand , but for the people who do get it ! :shock: DAMN !
is ricardo villalobos someone to compare with arthur russel ? HELL NO . ricardo is good , but he is not the founding member of a movement, ricardo himself has been extremely influenced from dandy jack , atom heart and lots of early chicago stuff , he is also very humble towards his roots. ricardo is good at what he does , and he does it very well . but in the end , he is doing the same thing since years now. does everyone notice you can play everyone of his tracks together , they have the same exact tempo , all of them. maybe try to meet another standard. i am in love with his sound , and he is a sweet guy but if we are gonna sit here and idolize people , we should demand more from them. TO SETH - i dont think people will compare everything to ricardo villalobos , never . do they compare everything that comes out today to marshall jefferson ? it is a nice thought , but untrue !! :P :P :P
i neve said everthing about "everyone" compairing their music to ricardos. however i feel in with in minimal techno i find his sound to fit my taste the most. sh!t is brilant, yo. same with jazz everyone as the end all artist.
if thing don't progress, will the future truly come
braz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by braz »

when i heard, his first album (alchoalchoblabla, you know which one :wink: ) i was pretty amazed. Pretty much got me into mnml. This one and DE9 from mr. Hawtin. After that, ricardo seems to produce al lot of the same stuff and never as good as his first album.....i enjoy his stage-'presentation' although it is becoming more and more a 'gimmick' like those wighnomy/vodka/clowns :wink: for all those who can read dutch: villalobos = villalosbol!
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

favorite all time ricardo productions in this order:

1) panpot spliff
2) dexter
3) what you say
kevin h
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kevin h »

braz wrote:a lot of the same stuff and never as good as his first album
i agree, it seem his work is not as important sounding as it once was.

still love the guy though, he embodies a great deal of what i like about the international dj lifestyle(not that i have one...yet)....smoking a joint and sipping champaign at 9:30am at some beautifull tropical hotspot, whilst entertaining adoring fans.... it must be nice. :)
bawww..........beep-beep
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

kill3rbass wrote:he gets five stars only for producing froebel 1792
I give 10 out of 10 to froebel 1792.

And I give 1000 out of 10 to Sini Est cuz alcachofa or bass queen or whatever can't ever even come close to this goodness. as minimal as minimal should be.
So get your heads on ric y martin and then talk about villalobos's "shitty-pop-or-what-not" tracks that don't go nowhere.

(ok this is a collaboration but STILL)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
liminalkid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by liminalkid »

achso is just the best thing ever. i'm even going to go to 'fabric' this saturday, that's how much i love ricardo....