Unauthorized sampling of Seph / Lee Curtiss track?

- open
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Unauthorized sampling of Seph / Lee Curtiss track?

Post by JackNine »

DennisN wrote: You really dont know what your talking about, that's very clear now..Bassline same tone and key? maybe your ears are so damaged after 15 years, that you can't hear de difference anymore..
I believe any "musician" can hear the tone and key of the sample. Like I said, on a pair of Genelec monitors, it's identical. Maybe you guys need better equipment?
DennisN wrote: I tried to explain.. but you're just a hater.. There is no use for this..
A hater? Nah. I've never met Lee or Leroy. Why would I show bias one way or the other? I'm indifferent.
DennisN
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DennisN »

JackNine wrote:I believe any "musician" can hear the tone and key of the sample. Like I said, on a pair of Genelec monitors, it's identical. Maybe you guys need better equipment
Leroy uses good monitors: KRK V6 Series 2... But thats not relevant in this case..

Leroy played the bassline from scratch himself... and is nothing like the bassline from Lee Curtis, it doesn't even sounds close to that.. There is 1 important sound in both tracks (that gives the basslines an extra drive), that sounds similar.. but still sounds different, because leroy made it himself, even the sound for it..

You think that you know by listining to the track, what Leroy has done to come to this... Only that is not realistic!

JackNine wrote:A hater? Nah. I've never met Lee or Leroy. Why would I show bias one way or the other? I'm indifferent.
Why do you attack someone on a forum? when you can also ask him yourself? if you are not a hater? he is working very hard and is a dj who is not out to steel someone elses creations....you could also have asked by e-mailing him..
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

DennisN wrote: Why do you attack someone on a forum? when you can also ask him yourself? if you are not a hater? he is working very hard and is a dj who is not out to steel someone elses creations....you could also have asked by e-mailing him.
First off I never attacked Leroy. Show me a post where I "attacked" him.

Second, I've been a member on this board for a long time under this user name, and another 1.5 yrs before that under my old user name. I like to believe I have some credibility here as I regularly contribute to many discussions on various topics.

You, on the other hand, are supposedly "Leroy's manager" and you joined the forums within the past 24 hours to defend him once you found out he was being slammed for allegedly sampling Lee.

Let the forum decide who's trying to play sides and who's trying to protect valuable members of our community by pointing things like this out.

Like I said, I don't know either person and I don't have a dog in this fight.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

And your Cheesy remark about "leroy's girl" is really out off place! even kids have a higher level of communication..
ok, I made the original remark about Leroy's Girl because I was making it like a biggie, 2 pac minimal gang thing...just making a little joke...Lee didn't start that. I just thought it was funny. You konw, like Leroy rips off Lee's track, so Lee bangs leroy's girl, etc etc... Hey, its techno, Leroy might not even have a "girl," so I could be totally off. Didn't mean anything negative. sorry.

but the basses do sound really close...could be a preset on a piece of hardware they both own and tweaked the same about 4 months apart, lee's track having been well before leroy's...totally random chance...ya never know...weird sh!t happens :wink:

and i too have no dog within the "fight" ...lol
mando
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mando »

i think, we can close this topic, because rest is

and good luck and much success for both tracks ;)
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Agreed Mando!

We have heard both sides and I think now we can have a poll to see whether the defendant is guilty :D
Petar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Petar »

this remix is good, but reminds me much on G Man - Quo Vadis ...
and one more thing about this release on kalimari, no one noticed that the mastering is bad, and have some realy sucky high freq. on every track , i told pheek about this, ....
i loved this release, but cant play it because of bad sound ... dont know will they repair files and put corect in stores...
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Petar wrote:this remix is good, but reminds me much on G Man - Quo Vadis ...
and one more thing about this release on kalimari, no one noticed that the mastering is bad, and have some realy sucky high freq. on every track , i told pheek about this, ....
i loved this release, but cant play it because of bad sound ... dont know will they repair files and put corect in stores...
:roll:

Dude. The tracks were laid out like that (eg. with a high pitch sound) and I got new masters now, so it's going to be much easier to make them sound top notch. So before saying that mastering was bad, you might want to inform yourself a bit more.

especially before dropping this publicly.

Low blow, not good. :roll: