live from our bedrooms

- open
KETROO
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KETROO »

kiwi wrote:
KETROO wrote:I don't know for sure how it works with these 2. How much advantage do you get over real decks?
- playing digital with timecode vinyls (so still it look and feels like real vinyl)
- no carrieing around with heavy vinyls
- able to take >10.000 tracks
- search tru your collection in a second
- placing comments behind your tracks to give you hints for faster searching
- play netlabels
- play unreleased stuff
- play edits of tracks
- looping on the fly
- key lock
- filtering/effects
- history function to see what you played
- saves money in the end, because you can pay to download a single tracks from a ep, instead of buying a vinyl only for one track.
KETROO wrote:Do you still have to bit-match manually or does the Mac do it for you?
YES! mixing with Final Scratch/Serato Scratch Live comes free with human errors :wink:
Mhmm :) Interesting. I can also edit / loop on the fly / search trough my records / filter / remember what I played ;) etc. but not that fast and maybe not that accurately as your Mac does. :) So if you were to compete with someone playing on real decks I will put all my money on you of course ;) Anyway, you can post here also.
KETROO
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KETROO »

df wrote:but why post them here? i believe that in the livesets section there are already plenty of sets that match your criteria....
In the livesets section, as far as I understood there should be posted sets recorded live in clubs. Or am I wrong?
df
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by df »

KETROO wrote:
df wrote:but why post them here? i believe that in the livesets section there are already plenty of sets that match your criteria....
In the livesets section, as far as I understood there should be posted sets recorded live in clubs. Or am I wrong?
you're completely wrong!!!
zkreso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zkreso »

It's possible to make mistakes in a mix that aren't beatmatching mistakes.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

KETROO wrote:Mhmm :) Interesting. I can also edit / loop on the fly / search trough my records / filter / remember what I played ;) etc. but not that fast and maybe not that accurately as your Mac does. :) So if you were to compete with someone playing on real decks I will put all my money on you of course ;) Anyway, you can post here also.

for your information - the "Mac" doesn't do sh!t (in the case of ssl, final scratch).
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
KETROO
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KETROO »

Ok. My initial idea was to give peeps the opportunity of posting here sets that they think are not accurate enough to make it to "Djs & (live)sets" section or to the radios. Usually while you are practicing @ home you will do some mistakes here & there. If you want it to be a proper set (acceptable to radio broadcast let's say) then you will have to stop, save what you have been recording till the mistake happened, redo the part and continue. If you weren't to care about the possible mistakes you might make, if you weren't to "play safe" most probably you will have much more chances of nailing somethin' special. "The magic" (as someone was saying) might happen.

BTW I have nothing against ssl, fs and I have nothing against those mixing with mixing software. It is my assumption that mixes created digitally are always going to be perfect.

-IMHO

I guess with all this hostility we can tear down this topic...
df
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by df »

perfect isn't about a perfect technique and sh*t... it's about the feeling that has to be perfect.
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

so this is a section for train wreck mixes and bad tecnique ?

doesn't sound like a good idea to me, sureley the aim of creating a mix is to showcase good music in a natty style, wether it be beatmatched with vynyl, jammed up with machines, done using final scratch/ableton/whatever.

Are you seriously proposing having a section to post naff mixes that weren't good enough to post in the mixes section ?

eh ?

why not just post them in the mix section - If they aren't good enough, why are they being posted ?

Have some confidence, If you don't like ur mixing - your wasting your time and should stick to entertaining friends when they drop by for a beer.

I really don't want to be rude but surely the interet is full of half assed attempt at stuff as it is, bad quality control mean all the decent stuff is often overshadowed, so why should we waste time litening to substandard stuff when there is so much good stuff about ?

If you wanna compare tecnique etc - make some cds and swap em or yousendit to folk, no point in drawing mass attention to it, it's like - look mommy - I made a poo poo :)

Maybe I've misunderstood, if so - I apolagise, but I really can't see the point in this at all.