The 'Techniques for making minimal/melodic tracks' thread.

- ask away
zunk3r
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by zunk3r »

i agree with the most of comments...

the problem was how i wrote the topic /=

i didn't think about a rules book, i thought about some tips...

sorry for the incovenience

:oops:
NULL
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by NULL »

lol, Im new to these forums and every thread has got outta hand.

Im off somewhere else. Play nice guys :)

Would of been an interesting read zunk3r.
ICONISE
http://www.iconise.net
info@iconise.net

Distributed by Discomania
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

NULL wrote:lol, Im new to these forums and every thread has got outta hand.

Im off somewhere else. Play nice guys :)

Would of been an interesting read zunk3r.
Everyone’s too busy stroking their ego. The amount of times I’ve heard, BUT THAT’S YOUR OPINION on this forum, is enough to make you sick.
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

i really didn't mean to be offensive to anyone here. i just wanted to bring forth the idea that there are no boundaries, or "should's/ should not's", as i said earlier. sure there are good guidelines out there and they are important to understand then see their limitations and attempt to push their boundaries. these are just my opinions not statements of fact.
Militikie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Militikie »

make music, not war :lol:

anyway, i don`t think this kind of discussions are useless. A lot of new producers out there learn a lot of tips and tricks trough this kind of discussions. As long as nobody uses it as a 'how to make housemusic for dummy`s' i think this kind of discussions are pretty good.

i agree with Torque about making the best track you`ve ever heard, and asking help if you need it. I just want to add to that: Let your sound be heard and learn from the critics(as long as they are reasonable and friendly), because i think there is a pretty great amount of guys/girls out there who doesn`t dare to let there music be heard and that could be a waste of talent or even inovation.

A question: maybe because my translation is no good of the tips Torque gave, but what do you ment by: Always build a track into your transition.
I think i translate/understand the word transition different, but maybe Torque (or someone else) could explain it to me. :!:

if i should give a final tip( and i know torque also said it)
listen AND ANALYZE to all different kinds of music, not to duplicate it but to understand how its made, and how you can use these technique`s for your own. So listen to not just minimal, or even housemusic, but also try some funk, or jazz(old and new) or whatever your up too. For example i learned a lot of things about interaction between melody and rythem by listening to funk played by african groups, and i use this knowledge in my housemusic.

keep on rocking! and sorry for my terrible spelling and grammar
:wink:
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

Militikie wrote:
if i should give a final tip( and i know torque also said it)
listen AND ANALYZE to all different kinds of music, not to duplicate it but to understand how its made, and how you can use these technique`s for your own. So listen to not just minimal, or even housemusic, but also try some funk, or jazz(old and new) or whatever your up too. For example i learned a lot of things about interaction between melody and rythem by listening to funk played by african groups, and i use this knowledge in my housemusic.

keep on rocking! and sorry for my terrible spelling and grammar
:wink:

i couldn't agree more with that tip. i have done that since i was a kid. sitting in front of the record player at my fathers house for entire days. analyzing the songs.
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

hey if anyone has tips on how to stroke my ego a little better, i would appreciate it. the way i ahve been doing it was great but it is starting to get sore and i am bored of the basic stoke i have been using.
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

leecurtiss wrote:hey if anyone has tips on how to stroke my ego a little better, i would appreciate it. the way i ahve been doing it was great but it is starting to get sore and i am bored of the basic stoke i have been using.
?