learning to make synthesized drum hits appreciation...

- ask away
Freak654
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Freak654 »

Nobody mentions the µtonic from SonicCharge ?! I think this is the ulitmate killer for these things ! And it's soooooo light on the cpu .. And it rocks for minimal ..
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

Freak654 wrote:Nobody mentions the µtonic from SonicCharge ?! I think this is the ulitmate killer for these things ! And it's soooooo light on the cpu .. And it rocks for minimal ..

dude! i know crosson and i use the dogshit out of that one
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

http://www.soniccharge.com/products
this is the link for the machine you all keep raving about. looks pretty sweet. i would still prefer a machinedrum over it strictly for its hands on feel and live sampling...
Nick Roberts
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nick Roberts »

Following on from this, i downloaded the demo version of µtonic to have a little play with using ableton as the host. Was a bit confused as to how people incorporate these sort of pattern sequencers into ableton. Would they just record the input as an audio clip, or just send the MIDI notes?
steffensen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by steffensen »

u can record the midi from utonic, or u can use it as a standalone drumsynth, and do regular midi tracking.

like with drumatic 3 (wich is by far better than utonic imo.)
Nick Roberts
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nick Roberts »

u can record the midi from utonic
This is what confuses me a little (obviously i'm a little new to this).

How can a instrument like utonic, which is sending different patterns of different sounds, pass MIDI notes into a single MIDI clip in live.

Only experience i've had with plugins in Live, is where the different MIDI notes are made up of only one sound, generated from the VST plugin.